cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature approval by opening a new US Bank Gold Checking Package - Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature approval by opening a new US Bank Gold Checking Package - Data Points

I was instantly approved for the US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature by following the steps outlined by JustcallmeTM in this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/US-Bank-blues-question/m-p/5064967#M1481376

Experian 740 myFICO / Inqs. 12 months: 11

Transunion 765 myFICO / Inqs. 12 months: 4 (I believe)

Equifax 745 myFICO / Inqs. 12 months: 7

Utilization: 1%

Derogatories/Public Records: 0

Payment History: 100% 

AAoA: 2yrs 4mos

Oldest Card: 10.11 years

5 new cards since March 30, 2017

No CRA were frozen, including ARS, Innovis, SageStream.

Instant approval for $3000 @ 18.9% APR with the additional .5% on any category you choose for the first year, so 1.5; 2.5; 5.5, and 0% APR on BT's for 12 billing cycles.

I have been considering a US Bank relationship since the beginning of the year, and have had my eyes on the Cash+ for some time as well. Since I have been rebuilding my new foundation aggressively this year, I was basically an instant denial if I had cold-apped. I am certain it would have been instant denial, because I burned a HP just a few days prior with Wells Fargo, the bank I have been with since 1993, in an attempt to get a CLI or upgrade my Cash Wise to a Visa Signature, and was denied. However, I saw this thread linked above, and followed the steps by poster JustcallmeTM. Thanks! 

The point of this method is to get a firm offer that is virtually guaranteed (YMMV GREATLY) approval by going through the process of opening a new Gold Checking Package, where after selecting the card of your choice, you will be offered based on a soft pull, the CL and the APR, plus any other offers applicable to selected card. If you don't like what you see, you can cancel without a HP. If you accept this card, then continue, you will see the spinning thingy for like 30 secs and it will be a HP.

I think this is a solid option for those who are interested in the Cash+ VS, or certain US Bank cards. I believe they only offer some, not all of their cards through this package. According to the terms, there is no monthly fee for the Gold Checking Package, assuming you go through with the process, or you already have a USB credit card. There is a minimum opening deposit of $25.00, plus a hard pull for whichever credit card you pick. So if you want a virtually guaranteed CC approval (can't speak for the bank, YMMV), and you don't mind opening up a new checking account, this is totally worth it. The Cash+ VS card looks great. A lot nicer than what I see in many of the pics online. The ATM card is white with the same USB logo in metallic silver. I think it looks great. I do wish the cards were printed vs the old stamped/embossed numbers.

Here is my timeline:

October 8, 2017

Applied online by opening a new US Bank Gold Checking Package, and approved instantly after selecting my card & accepting offer. Received alert; pulled Transunion only.

October 9, 2017

Federal/Bank Holiday

October 11, 2017

Received phone call & email from an Account Setup Coordinator letting me know the checking account was approved, and some additional information on the next steps and what to expect. 

October 13, 2017

Received email - the ATM card has been issued & shipped.

October 17, 2017

Received email - Welcome to the US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card. 

Received the Cash+ card in the mail when I got home! (USPS)

Also received the ATM PIN# that is mailed seperately from the ATM card, and credit report letter with 743 Transunion score (myFICO TU = 765)

Used the pin, and the account numbers I got from visiting a branch next to my office to setup the online account.

October 18, 2017

Swiped the card 5 times. It works.

October 19, 2017

Received the ATM card in the mail. (USPS)

-edited- forgot the scores at time of app.

-2nd edit- added CRA info

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature approval by opening a new US Bank Gold Checking Package - Data Poin

Thanks for the write up!  Wish folks would share some sanitized screen caps so it's clearer but this is darned good!

After the SP and the offer posts, does it show you a CL or just an APR?  I assume the CL only shows after the HP?

TU is the only CRA I still show a tax lien on so holding off and gardening anyway.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature approval by opening a new US Bank Gold Checking Package - Data Poin

Yes, it shows you the CL and APR after the SP, after you plug in your SSN# and other information. The HP is when you agree, and accept the offer.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks, I'll see what the offer is, if any!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, I don't appear to be qualified for it because no SL shows up at all on any of the cards.  Shows the list of cards, but no SLs on any of them.

But I assume if it's showing an SL and fixed APR, that person is good to go!  

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi OP - Congrats on this, very well done!

Did you by any chance get the $500 in three months $100 credit offer?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

Nope, did not get that offer. That would have made the deal even sweeter! But I'm happy with what I have, the additional 0.5% on each category for the 1st year.

Message 7 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Nicely done details.

Congratulations to your Cash+ approval!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

Nope, did not get that offer. That would have made the deal even sweeter! But I'm happy with what I have, the additional 0.5% on each category for the 1st year.

Ohh ok, was just asking because myself and other las here applied under that offer and they will not honor it. We are having to fax or mail in screen shots...pain pain!!!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah i faxed my info and promo screen shots last night to usbank.  I am not very thrilled about banking with these guys. They sent me a checking account 200 bonus mailer with promocode as i have a lot of branches near my home  and prequalified me for 3 cards with specific apr and 100$ bonus for spending 500 in the first 90days. After getting approved for 2 of their cards now they cant find the bonus offer on my credit cards!.

I upgraded the easy checking to gold checking and they promised me that checking bonus should apply to the upgrade as well. If they dont honor cc bonus or checking bonus i will forward detailed complaint to CFPB.  Their customer service is robotic and keeps transferring problems from dept to dept without providing any quick solutions. I have not received my cards yet in the mail but i took it for granted that bonus offer is attached my credit card accounts ,but apparenty they cant find it.  I have saved the screenshots as proof. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.