Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Visa - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Cash+ Visa - Update: Approved

How difficult is it to get this card? I have the Fidelity card so not sure if that helps since US Bank owns that I think. I also have no inquires since August.

This card would be great for bills as I would use utilities and tv internet as my 5% categories.

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash+ Visa

I didn't find it difficult 4 years ago, I think they're mostly sensitive to like lots of inquiries or many recent accounts.

Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mr. Suave - do you have a banking relationship with US Bank? My scores, alone, would not have gotten me the two generous credit lines I have (& got in the same day) with US Bank.  Having a Gold Checking account with regular deposit activity bridged the gap which my credit alone, could not have done. 

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Mr. Suave - do you have a banking relationship with US Bank? My scores, alone, would not have gotten me the two generous credit lines I have (& got in the same day) with US Bank.  Having a Gold Checking account with regular deposit activity bridged the gap which my credit alone, could not do.

Nope. Only relationship is with Fidelity.

ill prob be denied since I have opened 11 accounts since January of last year. My most recent inquiry is in August of last year.

Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a bad idea to at least open a checking account with them now if you want to build history with them until your report cools off a bit

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard to say, US Bank is hard to get a firm read on. They seem to like my profile where Cap One and BoFa don’t - which I would assume would be the opposite....if I were on the outside looking in. I think, if it’s not a hassle, opening an online savings or checking account with USB would ultimately (maybe not today, although I could be wrong) stand to benefit you in the long run if you decided to proceed with a card app in the future. Just my $0.02.  GL with whatever you decide. 

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried the prequal?  While not a guarantee of course but if it popped up then I'm sure it would increase your temptation to apply.

Message 7 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Make it a goal to go til Aug with no apps, open a checking/ savings now, and in August walla! Get your US Bank onSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Make it a goal to go til Aug with no apps, open a checking/ savings now, and in August walla! Get your US Bank onSmiley Wink

Thanks! This sounds like a solid plan.

Whenever I check the prequal, I don’t currently have any offers but I will open a savings account then maybe apply around Aug or so when all my inquires are at least a year old.

Message 9 of 31
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I applied and was approved last July or August with a crap load of new accounts. What I did was attempt to open the gold checking account and app for the CC at the same time. I also froze both of those no named CRs Sagestream and ARS or whatever the name is before I applied. They denied me in 2017 for no other reason than they couldn't verify my identity. 

Fast forward two weeks ago I applied for the US Bank Business Cash Rewards card. As usual it went to manual review. I was also approved for it. Thats after opening a reported 10 new accounts on TU in 12 months. I've opened more than that. They either don't report to TU or they are hidden.

Since you have a CC with them. Your chances are better than most at grabbing another IMHO.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.