Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ approval, $7500 SL

tag
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

US Bank Cash+ approval, $7500 SL

I'm extemely shocked with this result.  My DW applied for the US Bank Cash+ after checking to see if she pre-qualified.  The pre-qualified site was acting very strangely, where an error would occur everytime when clicking the apply button after getting the favorable prequal splash screen.  Happened for a couple of days at different times and different computers at different places using different browsers.  After finally getting a working applicati, on page (without going through the prequal process), she applied.

Never heard a word, no emails, nothing.  So after 9 business days, we finally get a thick envelope in the mail.  It was her new US Bank card!  Finally!  However, no credit limit was mentioned in the paperwork... no mention of 0% promo period... no mention of a SUB.

Fearing the typical $500 SL, we log into the website to get the account setup.  WHAM!  $7500 starting credit limit!  WHAAAAAAT???

Still no clue about the 0% intro period or SUB yet.  The website keeps flaking out on us, can't even select the 5% categories without a "400 Request Header..." error popping up.  Now we can't even log in without that error...

Anway, here are some DP's for you.  US Bank pulled from EQ (not TU as others seem to report). Her EQ has no lates but has 3 collections on it along with a BK7 from 2012.

All the below comes from Experian CW:

- EQ FICO 8 = 711 (pulled from EX)

- Cap1 $4250 CL / $14 balance  5y 11m

- Synchrony store card $1250 CL / $0 balance  2y 6m

- Auto loan UTL @ 53% and 2y 6m old

- Two AU accounts... both around 5y 10m

- BK7 in 2012

- 3 medical collections - being paid so balances are dropping

- No lates

- UTL 1%

- AAoA 9y 2m

- AoOA 24y 10m

- AoYA 2y 6m

- No inquiries

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash+ approval, $7500 SL

Congrats on your US Bank Cash+ approval! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Awesome SL!!!!

Message 3 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Great card and clear your cache out.
Message 4 of 19
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:
Great card and clear your cache out.

Thanks, that did the trick!

Message 5 of 19
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Solved the issue with the 0% APR not showing up.

I took a screenshot of the pre-qualified status before hitting the apply button on the first day we tried applying, and it clearly states 0% intro APR for purchases and BT.  Due to the issues we were experiencing, we weren't able to apply until a couple of days later.  Evidently the 0% intro APR for purchases and BT for 12 months CHANGED to just 0% BT only.  That is the current promotion on US Bank's website, so it looks like we missed it by a couple of days.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

So many approvals for this one lately, hopefully it continues so I can take my shot this summer. 

Message 7 of 19
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

We are done with my wife's apps (AMEX and this US Bank), and I'm next.  I've seriously considered apping for this one myself to take advantage of an additional 5% category, but maybe leaning towards seeing how this one works out for us first.

I had a hard time trying to figure out which category to use as my 5% due to the monthly expenses being so close to each other!

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have the expenses to justify it, there’s no reason not to get a Cash+ of your own. The only reason I want it is because my Comcast bill is stupidly high and I can get $10 a month between that and my cell phone. I spend more on those two things than I do groceries. 

Message 9 of 19
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

We are done with my wife's apps (AMEX and this US Bank), and I'm next.  I've seriously considered apping for this one myself to take advantage of an additional 5% category, but maybe leaning towards seeing how this one works out for us first.

I had a hard time trying to figure out which category to use as my 5% due to the monthly expenses being so close to each other!

Hey, congrats to your DW! And that's a bummer regarding the 0% BT+Purchases....looks like I squeaked mine in just in time. But if you are considering the Cash+ for yourself, just consider....your wife will have 2x 5% categories and you will also have 2x 5% categories.....covering 4 categories would be very nice and the two of you could always rotate between categories from quarter-to-quarter, as your needs see fit.

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.