cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ approval with BK7 reporting

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

US Bank Cash+ approval with BK7 reporting

Cliffs notes: BK 7 in 2011. Approved for $5K SL after UW review. Waiting on second review for CLI to $10K. EX pull (751 from last app).

Full story:

Yesterday, I applied after doing a pre-qual on their site. I was "prequalified" for 2 cards, so I pulled the trigger knowing it's always a toss-up for me considering my 2011 BK. 

I got the 7-10 notice but I called their UW dept right away. I was told my application had been declined already, which is never a surprise. But, then he gave me the reasons, and none of them was the BK. He said it was because of unusual high activity of my credit info, like address and other stuff. So he offered to put in my app for UW review because that info could or could not be mine or not mean much, etc.

However, I already knew what he meant by "unusual high activity." In the last 2 months, I've been approved for PayPal MC 2%, Uber Visa, Chase FU, PenFed Amex and PenFed Visa, and CLI on BofA Premium Rewards, which was a HP. I also got declined for the Citi DC a few minutes before applying for this card. So, yeah, a little busy over here collecting inquiries. I wanted them all in the same time period, sort of, so they drop together too.

He told me to call in 2-3 days to find out the status, but I'm not the patient type, so today I called and the automated system said I'd been approved and my card and conditions would arrive in a few days. I wasn't going to wait another week or more to find out I got a $500 SL. I called UW and they told me my SL was $5k. I said, oh great, can we make it higher? He put in another request for review, and now I do have to wait till at least Monday to see if I get the $10k I requested. I suppose I could've asked for more, but I think I'm pushing my luck with all the recent activity.

AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | GS | PenFed | SYNCB (PP MC, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ approval with BK7 reporting

Congratulations.  I have the same situation.  My BK7 is from 2012 and they approved me for the same card earlier this week with a call to the UW dept.  I still don't know what my SL is though.

Start: Fico 8 EQ 672, TU 660, EX 668 01/13/2018
Current: Fico 8 EQ 690, TU 672, EX 685 02/04/2018
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ approval with BK7 reporting

Thank you and congrats to you too! Calling UW at US Bank was really different from other banks. I didn't get to talk to the person making the decision. I was talking to a person who simply entered a request for an underwriter to review without my having to explain anything.
You can call back and ask what your SL is, and if you're not happy, you can request another review. That's what I did.

AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | GS | PenFed | SYNCB (PP MC, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.