Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ approval with increase

tag
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Cash+ approval with increase

Good morning guys! well morning from sunny California haha I don't know if you guys remember but I was recently approved for a Citi Double Cash that was pending for nearly two weeks and that was my dream card. Anywho, Around the same time I had applied for that card I had also applied for the US Bank Cash+ card. Another dream card of mine since you get to pick the categories on it. Well this one too went pending and about five days ago I received a letter stating that the card was pending verification. I called in and it was the fraud department that wanted to make sure I had applied. After they told me the card would go to underwritting for financial decisions but that it all looked good and I should see an approval soon. I asked what he meant by financial decisions and he said wether or not it would be approved. So  fraud department is more or less able to know whether it will get approved or not I suppose. Two days passed by and I called in and was told the application was APPROVED! for 600 dollars Smiley Sad I told the underwritter that I was looking to do a balance transfer and was hoping for at least 5K and she told me she would send in a request for additional underwritting. Well two days later now being today I called in and the request was APPROVED! I now have a 5K limit on my last dream card. Now I said I would garden in my last post and I am. I did not take any more hardpulls after the Citi approval so I didn't lie Smiley Wink

As of 11/28/2018
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ approval with increase

Congratulations on the approval, that's a card I want too! I've banked with US Bank for 12 years and I can't pre-qual for anything. One day.

Robot Very Happy

Message 2 of 5
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

@jlitnns wrote:

Congratulations on the approval, that's a card I want too! I've banked with US Bank for 12 years and I can't pre-qual for anything. One day.

Robot Very Happy

To be honest I didn't pre-qual for anything either. I just decided to apply. 

As of 11/28/2018
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jlitnns wrote:

Robot Very Happy

Never pre-qual for anything so I apply anyway and the worst has been security verifty and boom approved. At US Bank I apply throught he Personal Bankers and they call in for me. Still took two days but I got the cards I wanted at great credit lines. Don't hold off for pre-quals that you may never get. Speak with experience. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and nice recon

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.