Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ success, no prior history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Cash+ success, no prior history

After reading about how hard it is to get in with US Bank for the yummy Cash+ card, I was scared to apply given my recent app spree (5 cards this month). No history with the bank at all, no intention of opening a bank account there. But I couldn't resist so pulled the trigger, got the 7-10 days notice, called in to hear the denial that my new accounts don't have enough history. Tried 3 times at the underwriting #, got a no hassle woman who put me in for manual review. I told her to note that I am completely okay with a low $500-1000 SL. Checked yesterday, told it's most likely approved, checked today to hear the approval for $1000. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

FICOs are 730, perfect PIF payments since history started 18 months ago. I didn't do anything special besides noting that 1) I always PIF on time and 2) I am okay with the low SL, specifically saying that between $500-1000 is okay. Very very happy with the results! Hope this can help some others who have had trouble getting in with US Bank. Super worth the risk, now I am off to garden for real..

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ success, no prior history

Congrats OP. Those are the only times I settle for low starting limits now too--just to get my foot in the door with a specific new lender. Slightly off topic question: Is U.S. Bank considered part of Elan Financial?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Congrats OP. Those are the only times I settle for low starting limits now too--just to get my foot in the door with a specific new lender. Slightly off topic question: Is U.S. Bank considered part of Elan Financial?

Congrats to OP!!!  Elan Financial is credit card issuing company and is sister concern of US Bank.

Message 3 of 12
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Congrats to OP!!!  Elan Financial is credit card issuing company and is sister concern of US Bank.

Correct, Elan is a subsidiary or US Bancorp, however it is considered a complely different company (similar to FIA card services) even though our buildings are intergrated. (i.e. the CS rep that you get when you call US Bank, is also the same CS rep you could get when you call Elan)

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 4 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations to you on the US Bank approval!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome aboard! 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

After reading about how hard it is to get in with US Bank for the yummy Cash+ card, I was scared to apply given my recent app spree (5 cards this month). No history with the bank at all, no intention of opening a bank account there. But I couldn't resist so pulled the trigger, got the 7-10 days notice, called in to hear the denial that my new accounts don't have enough history. Tried 3 times at the underwriting #, got a no hassle woman who put me in for manual review. I told her to note that I am completely okay with a low $500-1000 SL. Checked yesterday, told it's most likely approved, checked today to hear the approval for $1000. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

FICOs are 730, perfect PIF payments since history started 18 months ago. I didn't do anything special besides noting that 1) I always PIF on time and 2) I am okay with the low SL, specifically saying that between $500-1000 is okay. Very very happy with the results! Hope this can help some others who have had trouble getting in with US Bank. Super worth the risk, now I am off to garden for real..

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Tongue

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You cracked a tough nut by getting in with US Bank as they are conservative ... congrats on opening the door!
Message 8 of 12
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 9 of 12
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval! But is it for the Cash+, or the regualr Cash? $1,000 CL wouldnt be a Cash+...

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.