Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+

tag
minski
Established Contributor

US Bank Cash+

I'd gotten a prequalification email from them for the Visa Sig card with the $100 bonus for $500 spend. I already have the Platinum version with a $2000 CL ($500 increase from $1500 about 5 months ago) that was previously a Cash Rewards. I'd been on the fence about applying. On the one hand, I liked the lower APR despite being a PIF user (15.99% vs. 24.24%ish). On the other hand, I wondered if I might get another offer for their lowest rate some years later or whether I ought to bother since I PIF anyway. 

I finally went for it. Gotta laugh as I didn't think US Bank loved me with the low CL (my lowest CL) and high APR (my highest APR) they offered me on my first card with them. 

Approved for $14,000 (instant). They finally matched the CLs on half my cards. 

Now to see whether they decide to rescind the approval upon "further review"... (2 new accounts within 3 months and considering applying for another right now)

Your Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card application has been approved!

What to Expect Next

Look for your new card to arrive by U.S. Mail in the next 7–10 days. (Note that your application may be subject to further review. If there is a change in the status of your application, we'll notify you by U.S. Mail in 7–10 days.)

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+

Wow, 14k from USBank, i think they let you peek in the vaultSmiley Wink CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@minski wrote:

I'd gotten a prequalification email from them for the Visa Sig card with the $100 bonus for $500 spend. I already have the Platinum version with a $2000 CL ($500 increase from $1500 about 5 months ago) that was previously a Cash Rewards. I'd been on the fence about applying. On the one hand, I liked the lower APR despite being a PIF user (15.99% vs. 24.24%ish). On the other hand, I wondered if I might get another offer for their lowest rate some years later or whether I ought to bother since I PIF anyway. 

I finally went for it. Gotta laugh as I didn't think US Bank loved me with the low CL (my lowest CL) and high APR (my highest APR) they offered me on my first card with them. 

From what I've read, US Bank is very much about relationships, and once you're in, they're pretty generous. I had a similar experience a few months ago:

1) Opened a checking account + O/D protection and it offered me a pre-approval for Cash+ w/ 4500 limit

2) Didn't really want that one, but decided to cold app for the Carlson card - approved for $2000 limit (declined the card)

3) Made the checking my primary account, and after 2-3 months app'd for the Altitude Reserve. Manual review, approved for $28K limit.

Congrats on the awesome new card!

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very true. My first Approval was $500 Visa.
Then I opened a checking and some savings accounts and was approved for a $15k PLOC and a $15k Amex.

They are sooooooo about relationships. Now I love them, and they love me! Smiley Happy

Congrats OP.
Message 4 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on this new US Bank Cash+ card approval!

Message 5 of 10
minski
Established Contributor

Thanks. Smiley Wink

But now gotta start building a new garden bed since I abandoned my old one. Smiley Happy

Congrats on that nice SL on the Altitude. I thought about opening up a checking with them since it'd be free but I'd really rather focus on 1-2 accounts to better manage cashflow and Alliant's got me nicely settled. 

Message 6 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@minski wrote:

Thanks. Smiley Wink

But now gotta start building a new garden bed since I abandoned my old one. Smiley Happy

Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 10
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

@minski wrote:

Now to see whether they decide to rescind the approval upon "further review"... (2 new accounts within 3 months and considering applying for another right now)

Your Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card application has been approved!

What to Expect Next

Look for your new card to arrive by U.S. Mail in the next 7–10 days. (Note that your application may be subject to further review. If there is a change in the status of your application, we'll notify you by U.S. Mail in 7–10 days.)

That's awesome.  Now, get your sights set on the Alt Reserve!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 8 of 10
minski
Established Contributor

lol

Thought about it but most of my expenses are food and gas, and I've only used mobile wallet (Samsung Pay is a mobile wallet, correct?) only once so the credit card and the annual fee is wasted on me. At this time of my life, it is not a good fit for my lifestyle. Maybe a couple years down the line...

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Not a huge fan of US Bank but I'm glad they took care of you!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.