Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash +

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

US Bank Cash +

So I sneaked out of the garden a few weeks ago, wife needed a new lease on her SUV so while I was out I checked my "pre-approvals" with US Bank, got a few with single APR and apped for the Cash +, got the 7-10 day thing, then checked the automated line, got "can't approve at this time" message. Figured all was lost....Monday got a letter about calling in to verify, did so and today got approved, CL 8K apr 16.99. Nice, my scores that they pulled TU 764 and EX 754  yup they pulled two on me....in MA. Glad to be back with US Bank. I have had cards with them previous and never had a problem, the CL were low though which is why I dumped them. 8K will work for me now.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: US Bank Cash +

Congrats on the approval and for not getting one of the $500 lines too many of us got on the first go!  Sorry that they pulled two for you. I think most of us only had TU pulled (only TU for me, and for those not putting two and two together (or is that six and one and seven?)  I'm also in MA). Maybe it was the additional verification?

Message 2 of 16
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats on the approval and for not getting one of the $500 lines too many of us got on the first go!  Sorry that they pulled two for you. I think most of us only had TU pulled (only TU for me, and for those not putting two and two together (or is that six and one and seven?)  I'm also in MA). Maybe it was the additional verification?

Thanks K, you can tell the "Massholes" by their Discover cards!!! Smiley Very Happy  Yeah not sure why they pulled the second bureau, I know when I called in they said that they are really changing their application process since the credit breach, either way this is the last card I wanted before we move to FL and I KNOW I will not app for anything because of the new address, that always puts up flags when you app.....

Message 3 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Big dog on the prowlSmiley Happy Awesome job OD,ORIGINAL DOGSmiley Happy This is your reward for all the house hassles.Lol "MASSHOLES" INSTITUTE TECHNOLGY. , where you DISCOVER ( M) IT Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 16
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Big dog on the prowlSmiley Happy Awesome job OD,ORIGINAL DOGSmiley Happy This is your reward for all the house hassles.Lol "MASSHOLES" INSTITUTE TECHNOLGY. , where you DISCOVER ( M) IT Smiley Wink

THANK YOU BROTHER!

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry you were not able to get approved for the amazing $500 limit.  Unfortunately we will not be able to invite you into the US Bank Cash+ $500 club, where we have punch and pie.  Your $8000 starting limit may sound better on paper, but does it have punch and pie?

I didn't think so!

Message 6 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Good ole odd_dog returns to well. Then comes away with a better result than before.

Exactly the reason i closed my oldest card which was US Bank. Too tight on limits back then.

5 years and only 3 small CLI's and still the thing was only 4500.

I think you made out well this go around odd_dog. Congrats!

Still a little steamed at them on this end so i ripped up 2 preappovals last month and the month before Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 16
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry you were not able to get approved for the amazing $500 limit.  Unfortunately we will not be able to invite you into the US Bank Cash+ $500 club, where we have punch and pie.  Your $8000 starting limit may sound better on paper, but does it have punch and pie?

I didn't think so!

I KNOW, like 16 people now do not have a chance in heck to get the card!!!!!  (mathematicians will appreciate that one!). I WANT PIE!!!

Message 8 of 16
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Good ole odd_dog returns to well. Then comes away with a better result than before.

Exactly the reason i closed my oldest card which was US Bank. Too tight on limits back then.

5 years and only 3 small CLI's and still the thing was only 4500.

I think you made out well this go around odd_dog. Congrats!

Still a little steamed at them on this end so i ripped up 2 preappovals last month and the month before Smiley Very Happy

Clean living and gardening helps, not to mention a shot of Jack now and then, I treated them like an old flame, ignore and they WANT you more!!!! Thanks CM!!!

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new card. 8k isn't too bad either. Dv

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.