Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Connect Approval - $10k

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

US Bank Connect Approval - $10k

Seeing @UncleB's recent approvals and @Remedios's adventure with Socks last night reminded me to get my approval post up before I forget to do it completely. So thanks you two!

No adventure or any life lessons learned with me on my experience. Well wait, I take that back. When the card was officially open for apps I initially waffled that was a small part "do I really need this card?" and other (larger) part "me and wifey @Anonymous plan to purchase a home by the end of the year" which app might mess with. In the end desire overrode logic. If loan officers give us poop emoji over it we'll cross that line when the time comes

Actually posted this approval in the Connect thread but here are the official stats and a few curious observations. Already reached SUB this weekend

connectapproval.png

(not a creative account name but it is the truth lol)

futurecashplus.jpg

The real surprise was Socks pulling EX for this app when with Altitude Reserve I have and the subsequent CLI I got not too long ago they pulled TU from me. I even bought a three bureau report to make sure this was correct and it was. Has anyone else have any experience with this and why it happened?

EX FICO 8 was 818 at time of pull, EX FICO 9 was 856 if I remember correctly. If I ever ask for another increase on my Reserve it will be curious to see what the hell they pull for that. Maybe being in Texas or something else caused the change. All bureaus were open since I like to cover my bases before freezing them again. Been app free since 3/20 last year so I wasn't worried about their 12 month rules. Do have a depository relationship with them and the AR usage is ample and frequent

The AR I have has a $60k CL so the $10k approval was a good amount to me. I don't plan to ask for more especially since as the name of the account shows I plan to convert it to Cash+ card, failing that the Go card is a nice alternative but I don't expect to keep it as is past the first year. Plan to PC the card once the AF posts and see what they have to say

I know wifey has talked about getting her own AR in the future but I have no clue if she wants to wait til after getting a house or going YOLO and getting it soon-ish 🤷‍♂️

Seeing people app makes other people wanna app I guess 😂

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank Connect Approval - $10k

Congratulations on your US Bank Altitude Connect approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 2 of 44
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats again on that approval.  Love the nickname!  😂 

Message 3 of 44
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 4 of 44
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats, sugar 

Message 5 of 44
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditAggie wrote:

Congratulations on your US Bank Altitude Connect approval!

Thanks! I was glad it didn't go pending make me second guess myself lol

Message 6 of 44
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Congrats on a great catch, @simplynoirscreamer.gif

I'm really hoping they allow this product to be changed to a Cash+ later on.  There are plenty of reasons not to be too upset if they don't (50,000 reasons, to be exact) but another Cash+ is my desired outcome as well.  (If they don't, this time next year I'll be poking Elan for a Max Cash, but that's a whole 'nother thread, haha.)

Again, great job, and double-congrats on avoiding the ever-dreaded manual review so many of us had to deal with! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 44
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats again on that approval.  Love the nickname!  😂 

Thanks, @K-in-Boston! 🍹

There are no lies being told and I'm not ashamed of it 🤣

Message 8 of 44
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
Congratulations on your approval!

Thank you!

Message 9 of 44
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Congrats, sugar 

Thanks, sweetie! ❤️

It's not a tale of love and loss only to find it again like your journey but I'll take it

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.