Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Flexperks Select+ Amex approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Flexperks Select+ Amex approval

So this one kind of came out of left field.  Apped on a pre-qual a little over a week ago on a spree, almost forgot about it.  Really didn't expect an approval after reading about their track record.  I have been a US Bank customer for about 8 years and have a CLOC on my checking account for $750.  They pulled TU, which is at about 634, currently, with about 8 inq.  Took them 8 days to approve, but received a $2k SL with 9mo 0% for purchases and BT(with a 3% fee).  

One weird thing that I'm not sure is related.  I received a call from a guy at a branch while my application was pending.  He said he was just calling to make sure that I'm happy with my account and said it looks like you've been a customer for 8 years with us and asked if I had any questions.  Asked him if it had anything to do with my pending app, but he said no.  Call lasted maybe 45 seconds.  Very strange.  They've never called me before, in 8 years.  I have recently been holding around $6-8k in my checking account, which is out of the ordinary.  Maybe that's it?

What are thoughts on this for a travel card?  It seems there are mixed reviews.  Goal is to eventually get the Delta Amex, but I'll be gardening for little while waiting for the direct Amex prequal.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Flexperks Select+ Amex approval

Congrats on your approval. US Bank is definitely a 'relationship' kind of bank, so you having one with them definitely helped.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frankly, I don't think it would have happened otherwise.  Even with that, my scores don't really fit the profile of most people approved for this card.  

Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your approval. Im sure the Delta will be yours in no time. There are people with your scores getting approved for Amex so not outof the realm of possibility right nowSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! I am a big fan of US bank too!! For amex delta wait for sometime until your EX score is up. If you app now and if you get SL as 500 or 1000, you would be stuck with that limit for long time.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  Was planning on waiting until I hit above 650 on Exp, which will probably be about 6 months or so.  May even wait longer just to let things soak.  I have opened a lot of new accounts in the past month.  Hitting the sign-on bonuses will keep me busy enough!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.