Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Instant Approval Nice SL

tag
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Instant Approval Nice SL

I recently applied for US Bank Cash 365 American Express Card and my application was instantly approved with a nice SL of $5,000 and low APR of 16.99% with introductory 0% on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months (not that I care) and a signup bonus of $150 after spending $500 in the first 3 months (OK I care about that one).

usbank.png

They pulled Transunion
Score FICO8 750
Inquiries 17/24 - 10/12
Too many recent accounts
Current US Bank customer with a gold checking and US Bank Cash+
Checked pre-qualified offers before applying and it came back with this card with a fixed APR (same as approved APR) and also showed the Flexperks Visa and their top tier US Bank altitude reserve which is exclusive for current customers.

The funny part is that back in February I wasn't a customer and US Bank barely approved me for Cash+ with their famous $500 and now they are instantly approving me for $5,000 (They are a pure relationship bank). Also after they pull your report and approve your application you get that message in the picture and at the bottom of the page you have to click "Accept Offer" for your application to be officially approved which is interesting given that all issuers just consider the account opened as of the moment you get instantly approved.

Also a piece of information for my neat friends I had both ARS and SageStream on ice because US Bank loves denying people solely based on ADS. I noticed that many people said that recently they denied people for frozen ARS but my plan was to apply with it frozen early in the morning during a business day and if denied for that reason unfreeze it then apply again on the same day since I already took the hard pull on TU and a second hard pull on the same day from same inquirer will automatically get merged by the credit bureau.

Regards,

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Instant Approval Nice SL

Congrats, the bureau is ARS (Advanced Resolution Services) instead of ADS. For me both that and SageStream have been frozen for good.

Turns out not only USBank use these. Discover has pulled my SageStream and Chase pulls ARS.
Message 2 of 9
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Thanks. Fixed.

Actually ARS belongs to Visa and basically will be pulled for any application to a Visa card. I have tons of inquiries on it from Chase, US Bank, Barclays, Comenity, Capital One.

It's a Visa thing but US Bank specifically uses it for underwriting purposes but I haven't seen any other major issuer denying people based on it.

I think it's just a database of a consumer history applying for Visa network card.

Message 3 of 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats, they approved me with both frozen but denied me a checking account. A CSR called me and told me I had to unfreeze Sagestream if I wanted a checking account with them.
It's still frozen! Lol
I plan to grab at least one more US bank CC before I'm done apping with them. Good to know the relationship helps!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and nice SL !!!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 6 of 9
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Appreciate the info, and congrats on the approval.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations and thanks for the info!!!

Message 8 of 9
_NERD
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats, the bureau is ARS (Advanced Resolution Services) instead of ADS. For me both that and SageStream have been frozen for good.

Turns out not only USBank use these. Discover has pulled my SageStream and Chase pulls ARS.

Thank you. Now that I know these CRAs exist, I’m freezing them. Whoop whoop!

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.