Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Kroger 1-2-3 $9500 SL Instant!

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

US Bank Kroger 1-2-3 $9500 SL Instant!

You good folks will excuse me since it's been so very long in absence where i waited to wipe my entire INQ board. It's almost like learning the ropes all over again from scratch to which are your best & most favorable chances for useful new cards after all that time away plus all the good data points here & there.

I goofed at first in going for a 2nd Discover approval where it came back only a 3K SL. I called to explain that just like their own criteria and levels when assigning lines, some card holders like myself simply need not bother with bottom end approvals that only serve to position as your lowest limits. BB&T of all things did better than this and i wasn't very encouraged with that as well but will soon also soon close that one too.

But it's nice after a 2 year absence without any US Bank Cards to return once again as a customer and pretty pleased with the SL for sure.

It took 9 long years to grow a current profile with some teeth and the last thing you need is to feel like your starting from scratch and another 5 years just to baby a card up to near your Prime line profile collection.

That's just the way the returns come out for you sometime. A part of learning how lenders gauge differently then others.

The great news is that i applied for the Kroger 1-2-3 card from US Bank whom i had a very long successful relationship but closed it some years ago to trim back cards to a more manageable level for myself.

Instant Approval similar as another member today at $9.5 with 18.24% APR-Good enough and much more in line with expectations.

They pulled TU currently in the 760 range. This is likely the only other new card neccessary that is completely in line with the recent PNC Approval this week.

Instants are fabulous especially where concerns US Bank. So back in with them again after a long time as a return satisfied customer.

US Bank.jpg

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Kroger 1-2-3 $9500 SL Instant!

WTG CreditMagic7!!!! Awesome SL! Good eye on knowing which card to shoot for. Enjoy

Message 2 of 26
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 26
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I called to explain that just like their own criteria and levels when assigning lines, some card holders like myself simply need not bother with bottom end approvals

@CreditMagic7   HAHAHA!  Wish I could have heard that convo...pretty cool!   Congrats on that killer sl too!!!!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 26
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

You good folks will excuse me since it's been so very long in absence where i waited to wipe my entire INQ board. It's almost like learning the ropes all over again from scratch to which are your best & most favorable chances for useful new cards after all that time away plus all the good data points here & there.

I goofed at first in going for a 2nd Discover approval where it came back only a 3K SL. I called to explain that just like their own criteria and levels when assigning lines, some card holders like myself simply need not bother with bottom end approvals that only serve to position as your lowest limits. BB&T of all things did better than this and i wasn't very encouraged with that as well but will soon also soon close that one too.

But it's nice after a 2 year absence without any US Bank Cards to return once again as a customer and pretty pleased with the SL for sure.

It took 9 long years to grow a current profile with some teeth and the last thing you need is to feel like your starting from scratch and another 5 years just to baby a card up to near your Prime line profile collection.

That's just the way the returns come out for you sometime. A part of learning how lenders gauge differently then others.

The great news is that i applied for the Kroger 1-2-3 card from US Bank whom i had a very long successful relationship but closed it some years ago to trim back cards to a more manageable level for myself.

Instant Approval similar as another member today at $9.5 with 18.24% APR-Good enough and much more in line with expectations.

They pulled TU currently in the 760 range. This is likely the only other new card neccessary that is completely in line with the recent PNC Approval this week.

Instants are fabulous especially where concerns US Bank. So back in with them again after a long time as a return satisfied customer.

US Bank.jpg

Very nice approval, @CreditMagic7screamer.gif

I agree that with US Bank an auto-approval is especially good to come by!  (I'm hoping for similar luck with them later in the summer...)

Again, great job!  Smiley Very Happy

Image result for like a boss

Message 5 of 26
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Somebody else just got the same SL with this card lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 26
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@UH_HUH wrote:

WTG CreditMagic7!!!! Awesome SL! Good eye on knowing which card to shoot for. Enjoy

Thanks UH_HUH.

When you been out of the loop for any length of time. it takes some circulating again to avoid tripping up.

Message 7 of 26
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I called to explain that just like their own criteria and levels when assigning lines, some card holders like myself simply need not bother with bottom end approvals

@CreditMagic7   HAHAHA!  Wish I could have heard that convo...pretty cool!   Congrats on that killer sl too!!!!

Discover Reps and U/W folks are really always friendly and most of all understanding customer expectations.

I just explained it was a road i already went down. They agreed with the personal reasoning.

Thanks for the Congrats and yes the SL was a chief focus.

Message 8 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats @CreditMagic7  a great SL for a very unpredictable US Bank.. I feel like they are another discover people with solid profiles get shafted or people with too much credit.  Looks like it worked out for you and you got a good SL vs. a whammy.. I think I saw in another post you applied for a 2nd discover card and got 3k?  Ugh gotta hate them.  I did that once and thankfully i have to call in it was approved for 1k was able to turn it down before it even hit my CR's then a month later applied again and got 5k, go figure..  Now just one discover card that has been combined and some recent decent cli's finally got me to 15k, it is like frigging pulling teeth with that where-as you are jk out of bk here is 12k for you bud.  Nothing personal to a big bulk of the forum as myself included was a rebuilder at one point Smiley Happy.

Message 9 of 26
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Very nice approval, @CreditMagic7

screamer.gif

I agree that with US Bank an auto-approval is especially good to come by!  (I'm hoping for similar luck with them later in the summer...)

Again, great job!  Smiley Very Happy

Hi and Thank You UncleB. You might remember that they used to be the longest held card in this profile field some time ago.

Instants are as you say, especially welcome and i wish you all the best the same when you make your own decision at that time Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.