Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Platinum Approval

tag
dak17
New Contributor

US Bank Platinum Approval

Last Tuesday I applied for the Platinum card after receiving a 'limited time special card offer' via email with a set 15.99% APR.  I have received these emails many times before but always with a range APR.  I was in the garden but decided to take advantage for the BT offer.  Since applying, I have called the application status line everyday only to be told my application is still in process.  Finally, today I received the 'congratulations, your application has been approved' message...so almost a week of processing.  I'm not sure of the SL.  I have a mortgage and checking account with US Bank.

Data Points:

Pulled Transunion

Score: 690

Tons of new accounts/inquriies 

Update:  Approved for $9,500!  I was bracing for a $500 SL recon.  Should I recon still???

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Re: US Bank Platinum Approval

Congratulations!

If it’s like me with my US Bank Cash 365 Amex, you should get another email this week with your SL in it.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 2 of 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!

Message 5 of 10
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!!👍

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 6 of 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Your existing accounts with USB definitely helped you here! US Bank can be hard to crack into without a prior relationship. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 10
dak17
New Contributor

I think you are right.  I applied around this time last year and was denied.  

Message 8 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great Scot , ABSOLUTELY RECON!!! tell them you were expecting $500 and they messed with your mindset!. Either give you $500 more or you are taking your business to Wells Fargo!!
Message 9 of 10
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@dak17 wrote:

Last Tuesday I applied for the Platinum card after receiving a 'limited time special card offer' via email with a set 15.99% APR.  I have received these emails many times before but always with a range APR.  I was in the garden but decided to take advantage for the BT offer.  Since applying, I have called the application status line everyday only to be told my application is still in process.  Finally, today I received the 'congratulations, your application has been approved' message...so almost a week of processing.  I'm not sure of the SL.  I have a mortgage and checking account with US Bank.

Data Points:

Pulled Transunion

Score: 690

Tons of new accounts/inquriies 

Update:  Approved for $9,500!  I was bracing for a $500 SL recon.  Should I recon still???

Awesome update!

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.