cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Platinum Approved; $600 SL RECONED TO $15K (0%BT 18mos)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Platinum Approved; $600 SL RECONED TO $15K (0%BT 18mos)

I've been looking for a BT card with high limit and US bank seemed to fit the bill.

Especially as they (reportedly) pull TU FICO4 Mortgage where my score is 761. As a comparison my other scores are as follows:

EQ8= 691 (3inq)

EXP8 = 686 (8 inq)

TU8  = 731 (0 inq)

Util = 49%

AAoA = 70 mos

I figured with the high score, low inquiries on TU and the SI recon stories on this board this was the best bet for me to get a high limit. 

As  expected the app process had the standard US bank application features

4/1 applied online and received 7-10 day message

4/4 Called underwriting  (800-947-1444) and found out that SL was a paltry $600. Asked for $15k, told to call back in 2-3 days.

4/7 Called underwriting and was informed that they reconned to the full amount I requested $15k. 

Never thought it would be possible to recon 2400%. Its true that everyone gets a super low limit with them. 

I immediately was able to BT around $12k off multiple cards. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Platinum Approved; $600 SL RECONED TO $15K (0%BT 18mos)

Fantastic recon. Congrats.

They pulled EQ Beacon 5.0 for me (whatever that is) and ARS when I applied two weeks ago. 😩 I should've frozen ARS before applying. 😒 My Fico 8 EQ is 755 while my Beacon 5.0 score is only 700.
Message 2 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I need me a USBank card statSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! You saw my success with USB too, wish I asked for 15! 😒😒🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

so OP, it was a cold app and you got a paltry $600 inital SL and recon to get $15k.

What state are you in? the app varies for in GA, US Bank pulls EQ.

What were conditions of your B/T?  0% 12 mos/15 mos?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

so OP, it was a cold app and you got a paltry $600 inital SL and recon to get $15k.

What state are you in? the app varies for in GA, US Bank pulls EQ.

What were conditions of your B/T?  0% 12 mos/15 mos?

I checked the prequal and I was pre-approved for 3 cards (plat, cash+, Cash 365).

I am in CA and credit pull showed that they check TU. One of the other posts indicated that they pull FICO4 Mortgage.

The SL was a paltry  $600 and I reconned it to $15,000. They asked for no additional information. There are several other posters with similar experiences. 

The BT is 0% for 18mos.  

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks op, that is very good information. I m in Ga and i think they pull EQ here for US Bank.

Its on my list for B/T if i fail at Fifth Third, WF or Amex.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.