Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Platinum Visa Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Platinum Visa Approval

Didn’t think I was ready to get approval for anything for a while longer. My total utilization is about 38% right now on about $40,000 CL. 7 inquiries 8 months ago. Perfect payment history. I’m carrying balances on three 0% introductory cards that are coming due this spring. I have a US Bank QFC Mastercard $500 SL for about 6 months. Checked prequals with them last month and nothing. Tried again tonight and returned 3 BT prequal cards. Logged off but decided to pull the trigger about an hour later. Went back and reentered all the info. Same prequals. Went for the one with the longest 0% introductory period of 20 billing cycles - platinum visa. Returned with instant $4200 approval of which $3800 available for BT. Of course, I got the usual “we’ll look further at your application” so there’s always the chance they’ll come back and deny it. But so far I am extatic! Especially considering all the posts I’ve read here about the typical $500 SL people end up with.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Platinum Visa Approval

The other prequals were for their Amex card and a Visa cash+ card with shorter intro offers. Makes me wonder what SL they would’ve given if I had chosen one of these. When applying it asked to estimate a BT amount and I couldn’t decide what to enter. I settled on $10,000. I also just got the alert of the HP on my Transunion.
Message 2 of 8
_NERD
Established Contributor

2B689D4E-9AF3-4421-BDEB-1B73D2299FAF.gif

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy Congrats on a great card and limitSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
Meskini
New Contributor

Congratulations on the approval and the nice CL. I applied last month for the same card and got an approval with $1000 CL.

We live and learn!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome and congrats!!!

SspW.gif

Message 7 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval and awesome SL!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.