cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Unsecured Graduation and Visa Cash + !!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Unsecured Graduation and Visa Cash + !!!!

Thanks again to everyone who is aggregating information here...I really hope this will help others.

Having said that, I also recently (last week) requested by Innovis and SageStream credit reports.  Innovis came yesterday.  (I know this is relevant for US Bank, since I've read that they pull both of these less-popular credit reports).  Sure enough, under the heading "Requests Others Can See" (I'm assuming this is the Innovis equivalent of a hard pull), it says "Sagestream, LLC/US Bank".  *** The Date Requested was the date that I opened up my checking account, and got the preapproval for the Cash+ card. *** NOTE ** there is no hard pull here for when I graduated the secured card the week before!

Thought everyone would enjoy the information.  Can't wait to see the SageStream credit report.  Or are they somehow one and the same?  I requested the Innovis through a web form, but I had to send off through the mail for SageStream.

I'm surprised at how stark the Innovis report is.  No detailed info about each account...just open date, last reported, high balance and date, whether or not it was ever past due, and contact info of the creditor and your own information.  Plus, I just recently had baddies drop off of Equifax and Experian (TransUnion still has one though it lost the same one that was on Eq & Ex), but none of them are on here.  ODDLY ENOUGH...NEITHER of the two cards I have with Citibank are on here!!!!  (All the others are).

Again I'll repost if US Bank pulled SageStream as well, though i'm confused about what the hard pull on Innovis says...it's like they pulled SageStream, and SageStream pulled Innovis...?  Clarification, anyone?

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Or ... for the US Bank Reserve Lines of Credit you could try 800-872-2857. As you may know ... US Bank Reserve lines are 21.9% fixed and today the US Bank Premier Line of Credit is 11% variable for new sign ups. US Bank loves to use their "Customer Relation Scores" to aide in approvals.
Message 22 of 27
sobetrader
Valued Member

Congrats! I actually just called this past Friday and requested my Secured be Unsecured, I'm anxious to see what this week brings, I keep opening my app what feels like every 5mins to see if there is an update for me. Congrats again and thanks for the insight with the checking account I think I will open one this week.

Starting Score: 477
Current Score: 629
Goal Score: 680

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They have 2 lines of credit. One is the reserve line. It's basically a higher APR than the Premier line and intended to be used for Overfraft Protection. You can just transfer money from it into your Checking or savings or if you do overdraw your account it will automatically do it In increments of $100.
It has limits of $1k-$5k max

The Premier line is a way better product. It's Prome plus 7% variable, comes with a CC and checks to access the funds, and also can be used as ODP if you don't have the reserve line. It also has limits of $5k-$15k max.

I have both only really because I got the Reserve line first. I was preapproced when opening one of my accounts. I have it set up as ODP on all my Checking and Savings accounts.

Then I was preapproced for the Premier line and got $15k -haven't used it much but it is a nice product to have. Thought about closing the Reserve line but it is a free $5k TL that really doesn't need to be used every so often so it just sits there. Smiley Happy

If you do to usbank.com and click on Loans and Lines or something to that effect both are outlined. You most likely will get a preapproced offer for one or both soon enough but you can always call the financial center and ask if they can use your credit pull from the Visa to approve you for one. I have done that before and they did it.

Hope that answered your question. Congrats again.

Which number is the financial center?  I tried calling today and asked if they could use the hard pull from last week for the reserve line, but the rep said it was a hard pull for each product and that she COULD take my application. I politely declined, of course.

Also...when you were preapproved and accepted the offer...did it result in another hard pull...?

Thanks as always...

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for this post Wired!  

I have also had my secured card with US Bank around 23 months and on Monday I figured why not give them a call and take a shot at it as I had just been approved for a new auto loan at 1.9% interest.  

I received the 7-10 day response from the rep and thought I was doomed.   I checked the site Tuesday and saw the same message you mentioned about "This account is inactive or closed and will be removed shortly"  ..... I gasped 

I searched these wonderful forums and found this post and today when I logged in my account has a different last 4 numbers and the same credit limit. My guess is a card and the $500 check are on their way.  

Again, Congrats and thank you sharing your story.  It's been a long road to rebuilding but I think we are in great shape now for the future.  

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you so much for this post Wired!  

I have also had my secured card with US Bank around 23 months and on Monday I figured why not give them a call and take a shot at it as I had just been approved for a new auto loan at 1.9% interest.  

I received the 7-10 day response from the rep and thought I was doomed.   I checked the site Tuesday and saw the same message you mentioned about "This account is inactive or closed and will be removed shortly"  ..... I gasped 

I searched these wonderful forums and found this post and today when I logged in my account has a different last 4 numbers and the same credit limit. My guess is a card and the $500 check are on their way.  

Again, Congrats and thank you sharing your story.  It's been a long road to rebuilding but I think we are in great shape now for the future.  

Everything in bold is exactly what happened to me.  A little over a week after all this happened, the new card came, THEN the check a day or two later, THEN a letter a day or two later telling me that the card had been graduated.  :-D  No other indication other than the clues in the app (the new account number is a dead giveaway). 

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wired. Sorry-have not been on much past couple days.
Didn't see this till now.

Here is the number for the Financial Center: (800) 444-1244

To answer about the preapprocals..... I believe it did for preselected offers but not preapprocals.

When I got the Reserve line and my first CC they only pulled one report after I asked the UW to use the same report they pulled for the Reserve line to try get a CC.

Then I had a "preselected platinum visa" and that one was a hard pull.

Then the Premier Line was preapproved and no hard pull was done.

My first card has had 2 CLI's both for $1500 with no hard pull done through the website. I read if you asked for $1500 or less it is no HP and twice that has been true for me. I have read others have had them though. Not sure why the difference or if it depends on what products you have or what.
I have not tried my second card yet because they don't like givIng increases till 6-9 months and this second card is fairly new.

Might be worth mentioning I did join that "because you earned it" program thing they have. It basically gives you waived fees and some extra perks for having a good Vantage Score. They don't tell you what score you need to be approved but I know some have been approved with high 600's and others denied with 700's so it is more than a score. I had a 702 (fico 8 was 771 at the time) and was approved.

Maybe this helps with preapprocals or soft pull increase. Not sure-it isn't mentioned but to me there has to be a reason some get SP increasss and others don't. Maybe it is as simple as if you have a relationship other than a CC? Idk. Not sure.

Call the Financial Center and see what they will do for you. Smiley Happy
They are only open M-F 8-5 (or maybe 6)

Hope this helps. GL.
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.