Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Visa Signature Approved!

tag
xaximus
Valued Contributor

US Bank Visa Signature Approved!

I recently apped for the US Bank Visa Signature card, got a pending review. I called in to see if I was approved or not. Figured I'd have a decent chance of getting approved but never know, had a few inquiries since I went on a mini-app spree. Suprisingly, got approved! But the SL was a paltry $500. Before I could even get the words out, the rep (who was top-notch), said he would send it back for them to manually review since $500 is a joke. I waited the 24-48 hours and reached out today - approved - 5k!! Thanks to everyone here for their knowledge and expertise!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank Visa Signature Approved!

Congrats.. Kinda sad when the rep realizes they low balled you and put it back from review before the words could come out of your mouth Smiley Happy..  Congrats on the much more acceptable starting limit

Message 2 of 14
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity - I know, barely registered the $500 bit and the CSR was like I'm going to send this back over to the UW team to review, this is comical. I thought it was hilarious as I was still processing the fact that I got approved. I always wonder why they do such low approvals and then go back to raise them. 

Thank you!

TCL - Est. $410K
Message 3 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy I got a $300 approval recently and thought it was a joke but then I realized that's just average Joe's creditSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@xaximus wrote:

@CreditCuriosity - I know, barely registered the $500 bit and the CSR was like I'm going to send this back over to the UW team to review, this is comical. I thought it was hilarious as I was still processing the fact that I got approved. I always wonder why they do such low approvals and then go back to raise them. 

Thank you!

I am guessing they think most people dont call and complain and they issued another card albeit with a really unusable limit..  This happens with people in the 800's+ scores with 20-50k cards all the time by Us Bank..  Recently cancelled my Cash+ as it was at 2k and really not usable for my purposes as I dont like being constrained by any card if I need to make a purchase whether it is the best card to use or not.  Had it for a year and they gave me a CLI of 500 from 1500 to 2k.. I was one that failed on the recon due to to many recent accounts basically I got an UW in a bad mood :/..  Anyways always other lenders out there and glad it worked out for you! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@ AverageJoesCredit - If an average joe's credit is what your's is, my new goal is to be an Average Joe! Your scores are excellent!

@ CreditCuriousity - A CSR in a bad mood is never a good thing, I ran into a couple of those for Citibank. I usually tell them I'll call back and end the call. SL of $500 is unuseable, I agree with that. For someone with good established credit, that's a SD card, it's paperweight so to speak. It sucks that they gave such a low limit to you, hopefully down the road, they'll give you a better one!

TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

what a super rep! Congrats on the approval!

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xaximus wrote:

Thanks to everyone here for their knowledge and expertise!

Congrats to you, x!

How about some DPs for the community?

Message 8 of 14
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you, x!

How about some DPs for the community?

Of course! Scores are as follows - 

Amex - 704
Alliant - TU - 710
BOA - 684
Chase - 712
Citi - 723
Discover - 684

I have a total of 7 inq on TU, 5 on EQ, 5 on EX (I think), I know I've lost some points on the inq's.

Also had a 31% balance on my Disc, 20% each on 2 Chase cards and a 20% balance on Cap1. I paid down the Disc to 28% (this will be down to under 5% within the next month), the 2 chase cards were brought down to 15% and 12% respectively, and the Cap1 is down to 10%.

I also added 5 cards on my mini-app spree as well. TCL now is at 100k, util is at 6% now. I'll be AZEO soon hopefully (1-2 month goal).  US Bank pulled my TU score as well. I probably should have waited 1-3 months to let everything settle and show but you know how it is when going on an app-spree. Hope this helps!

TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 14
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Congratulations! I'm a little jelly.

Robot Very Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.