Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Amex approved.....no blacklist ??

tag
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

USAA Amex approved.....no blacklist ??

Logged onto my USAA account to pay my insurance bill and noticed I had an 'offer' to apply for the USAA AMEX Rewards CC.

It had an expiration date which I found a bit unusual.

I burned them approximately 8-9 years ago on a default CC and thought I was blacklisted for life.....or so that is what is reported they do ( like NFCU and PenFed).

Went through the 3-4 years of the limited web site until it finally restored and just been using the insurance since.

So I figured what the heck.... let's burn an inquiry and see.... what's the worst that could happen ?

Instant approval for 5K at 14+%.

EX pull at 740

14 Inq

3% UTI

6 new accounts in last 3-4 months

It let me activate the card online immediately for 1K and showed in my account page immediately after.

Now let's see if it stays.....but I'm hopeful.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA Amex approved.....no blacklist ??

Congrats on the Win @jaxstraw! Imma huuuuuuge fan of USAA. Great APR too -- all my USAA APRs are 17%+ lol 

Message 2 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on getting back in Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Congrats on the Win @jaxstraw! Imma huuuuuuge fan of USAA. Great APR too -- all my USAA APRs are 17%+ lol 

I actually went back and looked.....I'm at 17+% also.....in my excitement I must have given myself a better APR......lol

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 4 of 9
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

LOL well their rewards structure makes up for it. Between my Limitless and 5% gas Amex I'm pleased with that setup. I’m due for a CLI right before July and hoping I can get a good return on it, but they always make the HPs worth it
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does their rewards structure make up for it?

Message 6 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"So I figured what the heck.... let's burn an inquiry and see.... what's the worst that could happen ?"

well thought outSmiley Very Happy

Congrats!, & Nice APR

Message 7 of 9
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Nice SL and great APR! Congrats!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 9
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats on getting back in Smiley Happy

I'm guessing I might have been given an opportunity if this '99 month' rule is true.

The time frame matches up with my situation.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/USAA-Debt-Forgiveness/td-p/5299101

Jax

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.