Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA, BBVA, PenFed, Amex, US Bank, Target

tag
schsa210
Established Contributor

USAA, BBVA, PenFed, Amex, US Bank, Target

Timeline:  Last 3 - 4 months

First: On my USAA Visa, a hard pull cli from $5,000 to $10,000.  Credit score on their site was 757.

Second:  On my BBVA ClearPoints, BBVA refused to give a soft pull cli even though I had it in writing where a BBVA rep told me it would be a soft pull. No biggie, I was expecting that from the stories I've read about BBVA's customer service. But the branch rep did advise me to apply for a second card but I was like no thanks, remember, I was trying to avoid the hard pull Mr. Smarty Pants.

Third:  Received a pre-approval from PenFed for the Power Cash Rewards.  It informed me that I was pre-approved but I needed to be a member first.  I joined with the $5 donation which they paid the $5 for me and was approved for $10,000.  Credit score from letter said 735.

Was declined for additional products, guess that was my trial limit with them for now.

Fourth:  Had an offer for a few cards on my Amex account so I apped for the Amex Cash Magnet, received a starting limit of $1,300.  I do have the BCE ($2,000) , ED ($1,000) and Green Card. Credit score on their site was 677.

Fifth:  Had 2 offers on US Bank, the Cash+ and the Cash 365.  Apped for the Cash+, called after a few days, was told I was approved for a $500 limit asked if they could up that limit for me.  They asked me how much did I want, I said lets ask for $10,000 and if not, hopefully they give me a counter.  Received the card and it had the $10,000 limit.

Sixth:  Target statement was on the 9th, received an increase from $1,400 to $6,000.  Last week, received the letter letting me know as of Oct 12th, it will become a MasterCard. 

I think that's everything, so back to the garden I go or is it back to work I go, I owe I owe I owe!

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA, BBVA, PenFed, Amex, US Bank, Target

Congrats on your CLI 's and approval / massive approval !!!!!

Message 2 of 11
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals and CLIs! Massive haul! Time to enjoy the garden and soon to be winter!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good time to have a Target card, they have been giving huge increases recentlySmiley Wink. USBANK has issues lol. Approve for $500 yet then approve for 10k LOLWUTSmiley Happy Pretty good run. EnjoySmiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLIs! 

Target is very random when it comes to upgrading its store cardholders. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Now that's an impressive app spree, congratulations!

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Congrats on all the cli's. I am still stuck at $200 with my Target card. Hopefully I get an increase in the near future.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

schsa210 absolutely amazing! You did very well. Going after USAA and US Bank for large credit lines that are usable blows their conservative approaches out the window. You are on a "HOT" streak Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 11
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats, busy day with big payoffs.  The recon limit from $500 to $10k is excellent!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally far out!

Super congrats! 

Let the good times roll, roll.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.