Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA CLI Success x2!

tag
cs91
Regular Contributor

USAA CLI Success x2!

Yesterday I decided to take the plunge and do a CI CLI request for my two World MasterCard accounts via secure message. Got approved for an increase on both, first went from $10k to $19k(matched my Costco Amex for highest CL)and second went from $11k to $17k! I think it was well worth the HP (and I checked only one EQ pull).

My profile at the time of the request:

We just got our first mortgage this last month.

Utilization across all cards: 10%

Used the USAA'S cards moderately, currently a small balance on both due to special 0% BT offer I received.

EQ FICO: 728 (Mortgage Pull 01/14)

5 INQ in the last year/ AAoA 3 years/ oldest 5yrs

No baddies

I don't normally post but I wanted to share in case anyone else was on the fence about asking for a CLI from USAA.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA CLI Success x2!

Congrats man! I just got a cli from 7k to 13k....then filled out a world card app and they matched my new cli. 

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 2 of 19
cs91
Regular Contributor

Thanks man! Congrats to you as well on the CLI and new World MC! USAA is awesome and have always showed me love with all their products! Was it one pull for both? 

Message 3 of 19
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I tried to get one pull to get a cli, convert my Platinum to a world mc, and apply for a rate advantage card. After two hours, over two days, they tried to make it happen. In the end, the fact that my cl was only 4k when I converted it to chip and pin stopped them from being able to convert it to a world card. They said that I would have to take a second hp to apply for any cc. So I told them to forget it. A week later I applied for the WMC, so I took two HP all together.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 4 of 19
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! Smiley Happy Very nice limit for those scores/ aaoa! Smiley Happy Your income must be pretty large? Are you a full USAA member? Just curious, as USAA hasn't been so nice to me. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 19
cs91
Regular Contributor

Thank you! Yes I was very surprised for how much credit has been extended to me, especially at 22 years old, however I have used it as responsibly as possible. I am a full member and my income is around 80K.

Message 6 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

Congrats on the cli!!
Message 7 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats X2 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent!

Message 9 of 19
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Congrats! Love to hear this! Smiley Very Happy 

oh- how many cards do you show bal on in your UT, just the 2 usaa's?

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.