Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Cashback Rewards Plus American Express - Approval

tag
thornback
Senior Contributor

USAA Cashback Rewards Plus American Express - Approval

So,  I came out of the garden less than a month after going into the garden...    

Apped for USAA Cashback Rewards Plus American Express and was instantly approved for $8K.   I'm good with that, my second highest limit (not including my AU).  They pulled Experian which is currently 782 FICO 8 with 2 inquiries in the last 12 months. Other stats in my sig.

EDIT / FYI:  Just received USAA's CC - FACTA - RBP - Disclosure and it states the EX FICO score used to process my app is a 706  - which means they used EX Bankcard Score 3.

I have a USAA Visa Sig. already (two actually - I'm a primary account holder and an AU).   I also had the USAA secured card from the very beginning of my rebuild which I was ready to close.  While on the phone closing the secured card, the rep forced me to app for the Cashback Rewards Plus Amex (okay so the rep simply mentioned that I was pre-selected to apply and I kinda had my eye on the card anyway).  The selling point for this card is the 5% cash back on gas up to $3K per year -- which is perfect for me; I spend anywhere between $1.5K - $2.5K on gas per year and was lacking a good gas card.  Card also offers 2% on groceries / 1% everything else. 

I really like USAA - I have had nothing but good experiences with them - though I've opted not to use their auto insurance because their rates were ridiculous in comparison to others - disappointing.   

Anywhoo... I'm really, really done now.  This makes 4 new cards in the last 30 days.  I'm back to the garden and staying put as I have a ton of nurturing to do for CL growth. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Cashback Rewards Plus American Express - Approval

Congratulations. Pretty spectacular!
Message 2 of 11
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Congrats ! ! !

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 3 of 11
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nice approval. See ya in the garden.

Message 4 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats! And if you are going to come out of the garden, it's better to have approvals to show for it instead of denials Smiley Wink

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 11
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, all those cards will grow nicely.

Message 7 of 11
thornback
Senior Contributor

Thank you!  I hope they all grow nicely.   My Amex got off to a slow start as I was approved last year with the $500 "credit steps" CL - I was just happy to get in the door though so...   we'll see how well this next year of gardening serves me. 

@Cred4All wrote:

Congrats on the approval, all those cards will grow nicely.

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 8 of 11
thornback
Senior Contributor

haha... my thoughts exactly!   And I was only a month in my gardening stint so I figured now would be the best time since starting over would be easy.   Thanks!

@RonM21 wrote:

Congrats! And if you are going to come out of the garden, it's better to have approvals to show for it instead of denials Smiley Wink

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 9 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.