cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex -- $2,500!!

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex -- $2,500!!

So I finally bagged my final Wish-List card -- USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex!

This card isn't unattainable, but because I was so adventurous over the last few years (with growing limits on existing USAA cards -- legacy Rewards VS [$23k] and Limitless VS [$30k]), I squeezed myself out of being able to get this particular card -- max bank extension reached. Its main perk for me is the 5% @Gas Stations. I've used by BofA V (3%) but have always wanted to get this one instead, I have trust issues with BofA and never flinch with USAA.

This is the last card I wanted to seal up the lineup. Knowing they would VERY LIKELY not approve me with $53k already extended, a few nights ago I decided I'd still keep the legacy card (oldest open card) but drop its limit from $23k to the minimum $5k. This theoretically would leave me with $15k wiggle room. Called over the phone to apply and was approved! 

I was a bit annoyed that it was only for $2,500 considering I just dropped $18k lol but I'll take it because my CLI history with USAA has always been astronomical. I'll get it up there soon and I'd rather have to grow this great card than be getting blocked with one I never use. Between my recent Amex Magnet (4% on everything up to $7,500) and this card, I THINK I'm finally done. I'm sure I'll never be 'done' but I have every card I wanted now. Woo-Hoo!!! AAAAANNNNDD it has the $150 bonus for $500 spend (30% return) -- Rebuild from Jun 2015 thru about last summer.

Approved: $2,500 @ 14.40% APR (my lowest USAA APR ever)

Pulled EX: 724 per letter (not sure which version that is, Fico8 is 768)

Inq: 2 in last 6 months, 11 in last 12 months

Income: $121k

0 Negatives/Derogs

1st USAA opened June 2015, 2nd USAA opened Jan 2017 and now this one

Been a member since 2008

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 10.22.22 AM.png

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
wingennis
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex -- $2,500!!

Congratulations!  This is a great card for gas.  I get mildly annoyed by how long charges take to post but that's my issue.

Message 2 of 9
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks! I wonder if it will post like my Limitless. The Limitless rewards post as soon as the charge clears so that instant gratification is nice. I do frequent the gas station for gas obviously but snacks and beer too lol it’s a win-win!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval , and you have very nice CL on your cards ..

Message 4 of 9
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

Also approved recently for the same card. I’m also irritated with how long it takes for charges to post.   Lol.  Not to highjack your subject, but the Amex Magnet gives 4% back up to $7500?

Business Cards
Message 5 of 9
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks VoltonM!
Message 6 of 9
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks GMoney and Congrats on your approval too! Just snagged a Magnet @$10k a few days ago. I’m definetly stoked about the 4% too.
Message 7 of 9
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Big congrats CIC on another approval! And of which gives me an idea. Have a cli attempt coming up on my rate agvantage so might try and double dip for this one as well.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 8 of 9
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks Bruised! I was thinking the same but my Limitless doesn’t hit that next 180 mark for about 2 months. Figured I’d take the plunge now and not necessarily garden, but no more new accounts for the rest of 2018!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.