Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Checking & Savings re-estabished and USAA IAVA AMEX Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA Checking & Savings re-estabished and USAA IAVA AMEX Approved

SO I had forgotten about my USAA account for the past 10 years and decided to revisit the situation. I reopened my Checking & Savings account and decided WTH and apped for the AMEX and was approved. Limit is low $500 but atleast its not a secure card.

Im thrilled. Now only if PENFED would budge. Awaiting a reply from them about my emailed RECON.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Checking & Savings re-estabished and USAA IAVA AMEX Approved

Congrats! At least you got approved.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! At least you got approved.

Yes and I am thrilled about that.  Cant wait to get it due to it being AMEX branded. Actual AMEX wont have me right now Smiley Wink and I am ok

Message 3 of 8
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval! I love USAA. If you use your new card and pay it off a few times, and let a few statements cut and then apply for an additional card, you might get approved for a higher limit. Worked for me and led to ever increasing approvals with USAA (see my signature). Also, you might want to check out the USAA Classic VISA or AMEX. These cards are easier to qualify for as they are designed for rebuilding credit. Again, congrats on your approval.
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fullstackdev wrote:
Congrats on the approval! I love USAA. If you use your new card and pay it off a few times, and let a few statements cut and then apply for an additional card, you might get approved for a higher limit. Worked for me and led to ever increasing approvals with USAA (see my signature). Also, you might want to check out the USAA Classic VISA or AMEX. These cards are easier to qualify for as they are designed for rebuilding credit. Again, congrats on your approval.

Thank you for teh advice. Much appreciated. Actually the card I was approved for is the USAA Classic AMEX. I apped for teh rewards AMEX and was countered with teh Classic. IAVA is just the affiliate card name, still the Classic in terms of no rewards. Im happy.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!  I Heart USAA.  Customer Service is

always 5 STARS.  Good luck and welcome back aboard!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!!  I Heart USAA.  Customer Service is

always 5 STARS.  Good luck and welcome back aboard!

Thank you, soeaking of Customer Service.....It is great when they answer the phones but the 25-45 minute wait time is crazy.

Message 7 of 8
Poppa
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.