cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Doubled My Limit! UPDATE BBVA NBA Cli Approved!!

tag
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA Doubled My Limit! UPDATE BBVA NBA Cli Approved!!

@baller4life wrote:
Yes call merlin! I'm not sure if their luv button even works!

yeah, will call in, probably around 3pm EST or so when I free up from calls. Darn, was hopping for the quick way.

Message 91 of 102
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

@merlinflex wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Yes call merlin! I'm not sure if their luv button even works!

yeah, will call in, probably around 3pm EST or so when I free up from calls. Darn, was hopping for the quick way.

So called in and had to do it over the phone, said would take 2-3 business days for a decison and I would get a letter in the mail (no email services I guess, but I remember BBVA being a bit technology challenged) within 7-10 days.  Said it was going to their "back office" for review and decision.  ASked for $35K, increase of $15K to my current $20K and he said they will either approve or not approve or counter with something inbetween.

So will be looking for a hit to my TU as that is the only one I unlocked and I did that today for 2 days, so will lock again on the 27th. Hope they get to it before then. Guess I can always go back and cancel and redo and extend for a few more days.

They said I could call back in and check and I suppose I can can just keep on logging in to my account to see.  Fingers crossed that the $20 CL changes in the next couple off days! Smiley Wink

BBVA.jpg

Message 92 of 102
baller4life
Super Contributor

If you have TU monitoring, as soon as you get inq alert, check your BBVA account
Message 93 of 102
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
If you have TU monitoring, as soon as you get inq alert, check your BBVA account

Yepper, have that, MyFico, Credit Karma and few others, will be on the lookout for the alert!

Message 94 of 102
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Just got an alert that my TU was pulled by BBVA/Compas, so that's done. Waiting on CLI update.  TU shows 17 INQ total, with 6 this year. Two just fell off.

BBVA Inq.jpg

Message 95 of 102
baller4life
Super Contributor

Fingers crossed for you merlin! 😉
Message 96 of 102
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Logged in to BBVA account, not sure the HP was worth a $2K CLI, but it is what it is, don't feel a recon would do any good, unless others who have success chime in.  All in all, the last 7 days, a $31K Ritz Visa, $15K Walmart MC and this BBVA CLI, $48K in additional credit, done for the year!!

BBVA cred.jpg

Message 97 of 102
baller4life
Super Contributor

Well look at it like this merlin. You got $2k out of it even though it wasn't what you requested, it's something. Many here have taken the hp and didn't get anything for it at all. You have certainly finished the year strong! Congratulations!!
Message 98 of 102
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Well look at it like this merlin. You got $2k out of it even though it wasn't what you requested, it's something. Many here have taken the hp and didn't get anything for it at all. You have certainly finished the year strong! Congratulations!!

Yeah, you are right, I am good. Will update my siggy line over the weekend, remove some cards and add new ones and update scores. Thanks to all who chimed in with info and input. Much appreciated!

ps...I am on the lookout for my new Chase Ritz Carlton VISA I was approved for last Thursday, was told by other it comes via UPS in a nice box and the card is cool. Waiting on that for the "unboxing" and my new WallWorld MC too!  Smiley Happy

Message 99 of 102
baller4life
Super Contributor

That's the spirit merlin! 😉I would suggest starting your own thread for your BBVA cli. There is not alot of data at all out there on their cli process and counter offers. So it would be very helpful.
Message 100 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.