Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Limitless CLI

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: USAA Limitless CLI

Thanks everyone for the kind words... if it wasn't for you guys I would likely still be using my debit card for everything.  Smiley Happy

I have an interesting tidbit to add... I just got an alert that they pulled ExperianSmiley Surprised

I don't know if they use FICO 8 or a different version (they used to use the FICO 5 (mortgage) version of EQ) but in any case my EX FICO 8 is 757 which is slightly higher than EQ so that could have been in my favor.  If they happen to use the mortgage version of EX (FICO 2) then they pulled 724 (as of 8/27), which is 10 points lower than my EQ FICO 5 that I was expecting them to use.

In any case I got what I wanted so I'm a happy camper... I'm only adding the minutia here in case anybody is interested.  Smiley Wink

Side note:  I did have system problems with the request at first, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the change to EX or if that's just what they pull now.  I was initially afraid I got a 'double-pull', but so far there's no evidence of a pull on EQ.

Message 11 of 29
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I wonder if Equifax's latest fail had anything to do with it?
Message 12 of 29
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Gmood1 wrote:
I wonder if Equifax's latest fail had anything to do with it?

That did cross my mind... of course all we can do is speculate for now. (Speculating is fun, though!)  Smiley Happy

There are other one-off reports here and there of them pulling EX for new credit card applications, but they aren't that common.  My case might be one of those type 'exceptions' as well. 

It will be interesting to see what others report for USAA CLIs going forward.  Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 29
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I'll report in about two months and let you know😉. They've always pulled EQ for my CLIs.
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major Congrats Uncle B!!!  I Heart me some USAA!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  You're making me very tempted to apply for this card 

Message 16 of 29
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!  LOL... sorry to be a bad influence!  Smiley Very Happy

It's actually my favorite card... for someone who's not into points or miles it's darn-near perfect.  Many times I've been tempted to use it instead of my 3% cards just to keep things simple... I'm not there yet (haha) but at least if I get tired of the 'game' of watching every penny I know it's an option.

If it does have a weakness it would be the lack of a sign-up offer... even my boring old USAA Platinum gave me $25.  It can be argued that even earning 2.5% it still takes a good bit of spending to equal just one good sign-up bonus (which is true), but for the long-haul it's solid.  Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 29
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's actually my favorite card... for someone who's not into points or miles it's darn-near perfect.  Many times I've been tempted to use it instead of my 3% cards just to keep things simple... I'm not there yet (haha) but at least if I get tired of the 'game' of watching every penny I know it's an option.

If it does have a weakness it would be the lack of a sign-up offer... even my boring old USAA Platinum gave me $25.  It can be argued that even earning 2.5% it still takes a good bit of spending to equal just one good sign-up bonus (which is true), but for the long-haul it's solid.  Smiley Happy

Yes Irish80     

UncleB is a bad influence at least for me when it comes to USAA lol.

Hey UncleB you know I got my clis on both of my cards couple months ago but my "change limit' opition is still showing up is that normal? It never went away after my clis.

Thank you very much

Message 18 of 29
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes Irish80     

UncleB is a bad influence at least for me when it comes to USAA lol.

Hey UncleB you know I got my clis on both of my cards couple months ago but my "change limit' opition is still showing up is that normal? It never went away after my clis.

Thank you very much

Hi @JoeLuvsHisCredit, that's a head-scratcher for sure. 

When I went for a CLI on my USAA Platinum back in March the CLI option went away; honestly I didn't pay attention to when it reappeared since I seldom look at that card on my USAA dashboard (and even when I do the option is tucked away at the very bottom of the screen).  Of course in the past having the link return would have indicated you were eligible to try again, but if it's only been a couple of months I don't know. 

In any case it would be a HP even if it did let you try, so you would have to take that into consideration.  If you decide to give it a try, let us know how it goes!

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.  Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the awesome CLI! I'm about to be 31 days into my Limitless and I'm wearing it out. It gets most of my usage now except for using Disco for 5% bonus. The cash back adds up quick. I hope to match your CLI in 5 months!

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.