Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Pre-Approval for USAA Rate Advantage Platinum Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA Pre-Approval for USAA Rate Advantage Platinum Visa

Got pre-approved for a USAA Rate Advantage Platinum Visa for $20,000, which tops my highest current card of $16,500 for CapOne that started out at $500. When I opened the account some 6 months ago USAA offered a $1,000 or something card, which I declined.

I did get a notice today from MyFICO app that there was an inquiry, which I dont know why since it was a pre-approval.

I also got the $25,000 PenFed Personal Loan Pre-approval draft check, which I have not used. When I opened with them 6 months ago they offered a secured card.

IMG_8741.JPG

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Pre-Approval for USAA Rate Advantage Platinum Visa

Congrats! What APR did you get?

Message 2 of 12
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!! Nice SL! Looks like Penfed likes you too!! 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I am not in the good situation to apply for a new credit card since I am waiting to get a house loan. However, I will give it a try to apply from their new pre-approval offer through my e-mail after the mortage loan approval.. They gave me high APR though. My lowest APR is 0% since 2009 and another three cards 4% also since 2009. However, the credit limits are not great. 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Congrats! What APR did you get?

17.15% with 15 month 0% intro.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Congrats! I am not in the good situation to apply for a new credit card since I am waiting to get a house loan. However, I will give it a try to apply from their new pre-approval offer through my e-mail. They gave me high APR though. My lowest APR is 0% since 2009 and another three cards 4% also since 2009. However, the credit limits are not great. 

I just closed on March 14th, so I have been waiting. I basically lined everything up for the mortgage loan even paying off the car loan, which hurt my score a little, but it helped with debt-to-income, which is why I did it. I ended up not using all I was qualified for, $250k, I used $210, with NFCU.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's pretty high for USSA. However, the credit limit is simply awesome! Congrats again!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information! I am trying to use United Veterans again. The last time they offered me $200k (on the e-sign paper on Nov 17th) and slightly above what I am looking for. My loan officer told me it was going to be at least around 3.1% interest rate but not comfirmed since the same day somebody purchased the house I wanted. So the loan offer has expired and I have to reapply again. My score should be better than last time but I am not sure I could get that 3.1% interest rate anymore. I have to fight against the DTI too and it is lower than before but not so much. My truck loan is a DTI killer by taking 15% overall DTI. I made a mistake by trade in for another truck before thinking about buying a house at the time. If I shop a rate with United Vetrans and also NFCU, would that hurt my score with the HP? I know multiple inquiries of mortage loan in a short time shouldn't be bad right?   

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! What do your scores\profile look like? Also those pre approvals from usaa aren't solid .They pre approved me for the same card .I applied and was denied BUT they did offer me a different card with the same app/HP which was a major plus as not many creditors will do you this favor. They def want your busy but are cautious about it as well. Also any app with them is an HP even their CLIs so I hear (read). Pre approvals don't matter they still HP you to double check your report and see if anything changed. 

Message 9 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.