Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA & Chase for the win!

tag
Hut1
Established Contributor

USAA & Chase for the win!

I don't have any data points for him right now, but after watching everyone get their Chase preapprovals, I opened DH's app to see if he had them too and I'll be doggone - he had a preapproval for EVERY card including the core cards. Smiley Very Happy I checked his USAA app too. 

He's leery of applying for credit. Ya know, fragile ego and all, but I pushed his competitive button by mentioning I had a higher total available credit than him. 😈

Instant approvals!
Chase FU - Instant approval $8.5K

USAA Cash Rewards - Instant approval $8K @ 21.74%

He had to jet to work, so I'll post data points this evening. 

Side note- I opened a Chase checking account yesterday & noticed I had the same preapproved offers for United, Marriott & Southwest as everyone else. As bad as I want to get in with them so we can start trifecta building, I have no use for these cards. I did app 10/28/19 for the FU and was denied due to the below:

Too many recent requests for credit or reviews of your credit (EX: 7 inq)

Length of time since oldest credit card was opened is too short (opened May '19)

Average age of credit cards is too short (1 in May, 2 in September, 1 in Oct)

I was thinking about going into the branch and checking preapprovals. How generous do we think they are right now. It looks like they may be bypassing the 5/24 rule, but what about the other obstacles like 1 yr experience with cards?

download

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: USAA & Chase for the win!

Congratulations on DH approvals!
Message 2 of 5
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

Congrats to him! And as for you, a little patience never killed anyone.

Message 3 of 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"Instant approvals!
Chase FU - Instant approval $8.5K

USAA Cash Rewards - Instant approval $8K @ 21.74%"

Congrats on the approvals!

Message 4 of 5
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats Mr. Hut1

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.