Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA and NFCU Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA and NFCU Approval

I'm in the process of upgrading my set of credit cards, so I figured I'd go for the USAA Rate Advantage Platinum Visa and the NFCU Visa Platinum cards. Customer service is great, and I enjoy the credit unions more than the banks or large credit card issuers anyways.

Got approved for both, but I definitely made out better on NFCU. For the USAA card I was approved for a CL of $6,000 with an APR of 16.40% -- pretty medicore. But with the NFCU card I was approved for a CL of $24,000 with an APR of 13.49% -- the highest credit limit I have now.

Very surprised and very pleased!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA and NFCU Approval

Congrats on he two new cards.  Both are very good places to deal with but you can't beat NFCU for their credit products.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your two approvals!! Both good cards to have

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super Congratulations OP!!!!

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was the way to get NfCU membership ?
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm retired military.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a fellow from the military ... you did very well. Sometimes I think USAA is conservative in the early days. Enjoy your new found financial institutions.
Message 7 of 19
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Very nice approvals Op , could you plz share some data pts with us thanks
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Very nice approvals Op , could you plz share some data pts with us thanks

USAA pulled EQ which was sitting at 680, and NFCU pulled TU which was at 666. Handful of very, very old late payments and 12 inquiries in the past 24 months. You can see why I'm a bit shocked by the $24,000 CL with NFCU!

Message 9 of 19
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Navy is good about shocking ppl for sure , both lenders are awesome . I have ccs with both of them also . Thanks for sharing
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.