Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber CLI Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uber CLI Success

Recently decided to pull the trigger on a CLI request for my Uber card. I was approved in April for $1500, was able to successfully recon via backdoor for an additional 1K. I tried the apr reduction/soft pull route last week and was able to get my apr down to 22.xx but no luck on the CLI. Requested CLI of 12.5K, to bring total line to 15K, got the 48 hour message. Received an email later on stating my request to increase to 7500 had been completed. Also, several credit monitoring alerts of a hard pull on TU. Overall I'm pleased, I enjoy this card and the extra 5K was worth the hard pull. My TU fico 8 is currently 683, util around 8%.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Uber CLI Success

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your increase! 

Message 3 of 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice. My last CLI on this card was an auto increase which I'm surprised even happened considering how conservative Barclays tends to be.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

My wife got a $500 SL on her uber.  Sheesh, why bother.  She puts ONE swipe on it every month, the t-mobile payment, in order to keep the cell phone insurance in effect through the uber account.  She got declined for a CLI after 90 days, and to cap it off, she tried to use the cell phone coverage and the hoops she would have to jump through are astounding.  Thankfully it turned out the screen protector broke, not the screen on her iphone, so it became a $35 screen saver replacement, a new $50 otterbox and lunch at Cheesecake Factory since we were at the mall anyway.

I have been doing CD laddering with Barclay, and have been well-pleased with that part of the bank.  Their credit card operation irritates me with the tightfistedness.

Message 6 of 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI! 

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting to know that the Uber card can actually have high CL. Mine is only 500, I guess it takes years or ages to increase......

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.