Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Rewards Visa Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uber Rewards Visa Approval

I applied for the Uber card last night (as a college student I tend to spend a large portion of my income on restaurants)

Anyway, I was instantly approved for 2.4k (my highest limit yet). FICO from discover and CITI were both at 747. Age of oldest account was 11 months and AAoA is 8.5 months. I'm pretty excited about it as it is my first non-student card that I have been approved for. Granted that went to my head a little and I figured I'd try to apply for the Chase Freedom and got instantly denied again for it. I went ahead and applied for the Slate card to try to get my foot in the door there (since it used the same HP I figured why not) and got a 30 day review (phoning in resulted in the "you will be notified in writing in 2 weeks" message so I'm still hopeful there. Sorry this post ended up being so long, but I wanted to add some more data points given that was really helpful for me when trying to decide what to apply for.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Re: Uber Rewards Visa Approval

Congratulations on getting approved!
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

First congrats on your new CC. Second, you may wish to look into Chase and the 5/24 rule. Some are able to by pass it, many are not.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval.

I concur with the person above. Chase Freedom and Slate are subject to 5/24. I’m not sure when you became an authorized user on a few of those cards but barring a lenient recon lending representative, those will count towards 5/24 and will normally result in an auto-denial.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The USAA and DIscover AU cards are about 3 years old. Even so, from what I understand, 5/24 should result in an automatic denial rather than a review. (could definitely be wrong on that though.)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.