Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber VISA Card - Approved, but.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uber VISA Card - Approved, but.....

How am I only getting $500 CL? My Discover It has $6.7k and Chase freedom Unltd 6.7k as well. Anyone experiencing the same thing? Thinking about requesting an increase but its been 4 months since getting the card now.

TU - 717

EQ - 718

Avg Age - 1.4 Yrs,

Not to sound entitled, but I think at least 2k would've been acceptable. Haven't tried contacting them though bc I dont want them to open my report again. Not to mention im earning almost 6 figures a year before taxes and debt free.

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Uber VISA Card - Approved, but.....

Approvals and SLs depend on a lot more than just scores. As for scores, since you’re quoting EQ and TU, am I right in assuming that’s from Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, or some other such monitoring service? If so, those are vantagescores, not FICOs, and are meaningless in the decisions of the lender. You need your real FICO scores to know where you stand, and the difference between the two scoring models can be vast.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gatot_kaca -

The best way to "ask" for a CLI for your Uber Visa

is to use your other higher limit cards and sock drawer

the Uber Visa. They'll get the message. On a monthly

basis, they'll be monitoring all of your credit card usage.

So when you put a $5 Starbucks charge on the Uber Visa

and pay it off right away while pumping 100's of dollars

thru your other cards, don't be surprised if an unexpected

CLI shows up in your Uber Visa account. Let your money

do the talking. That's the only language banks understand. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Easy, it BarclaysSmiley Wink. One thing we cant do is compare credit cards with limits given by others. Every card has different underwriting and risk factors. Its great to have 6 figure income but that doesnt mean you get high limits off the bat. A great majority visiting myFico seem to have high income yet many have found credit trouble and have to work their way up to high limits. It will come just needs time.
Message 4 of 10
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

I've often wondered how they decide how much to start you out with, I have had starting limits of $1000 on one then the next card $8000, I think overall look at it this way, they gave you something so it's all good.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 5 of 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 10
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval. The CL is often a combination of multiple things and also the UW - depending how conservative they are. For some lenders, they don't look at or hold alot of weight to what other lenders give. They give what they feel they are comfortable with and that's that. I would use the card as is and see about getting CLI's.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!

Message 8 of 10
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations_misti NOT MOVE.jpg

Message 9 of 10
rbentley
Established Contributor

You got the "AJC Special."  Don't complain.  You're now part of a select club.  Relish your status.  Rumor has it that there are ALC Special tee-shirts and hoodies for sale in the myFico Gift Shop.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.