Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa APPROVAL!!! To my surprise...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uber Visa APPROVAL!!! To my surprise...

Hi guys,

I'm new to both credit and this forum, but first off I'd like to say that these forums are so freaking helpful! Thanks to the advice posted on these forums I just got approved for the Uber Visa Card! This card seemed like the ultimate cc for college students and the no foreign transaction fees feature was a PLUS since I am planning to go to Italy this summer, so I just had to get it. Applied through the app, got the 10-day message, tried to wait it out (which killed me), then decided to call backdoor today. After a literal 6-minute phone call, the CSR went forward with my approval! However, I don't know my credit limit lol. Anyone know how to find it? Nonetheless, so excited and honestly quite surprised!

A little more about me: I'm a 19-year-old college student and I have ~20k income. This past academic year (Sept 2018) I decided to open my first credit card. Got instantly approved for Discover chrome, but I think I want to PC it to the regular Discover cashback. Been using that card for about 5 months now, paid all statements on time and in full, however, it wasn't until recently I found out that credit utilization is a very real thing that affects scores lol. Apparently, I don't have enough credit to generate a score through the Discover app, but according to credit karma and chase my TU is 694 and EX is 670 (1 inq) which is what I had during the time I applied.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Uber Visa APPROVAL!!! To my surprise...

Congrats on your approval 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! You’re on the road to success!
Message 3 of 9
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the FORUMS and CONGRATS on the APPROVAL!!!

You are off to a Good Start!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forum. I am in the same dilemma as you were. I started my credit on March 2018 and currently I have eight cards, Credit Karma, Discover, TD Bank and Capital One say that my score is somewhere between 690 to 724, but as I have too many inquiries I am not sure that I'll get the Uber Card, is one of the two I want though, the Uber Card and the Wells Fargo Propel. Again, congratulations
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@br0kecollegestudent -

I see that you're a new visitor. Welcome to the myFICO forum! Smiley Very Happy

Super Congrats on your Uber Visa approval! You're off to a terrific start.

Your Uber Visa and Discover cards are great choices that will serve you

well over time, just as long as you keep paying in full and you keep your

overall utilization extremely low (8.9% or less is best case). If time permits,

do a quick search for the AZEO approach to managing credit. Smiley Very Happy

BTW, I'm sure you're aware that Credit Karma uses Vantage 3.0 from Equifax

and TransUnion. Vantage 3.0 only requires a couple of months of data before they

generate a score for you. FICO needs at least 6 months, which is why Discover hasn't

generated a score for you (they provide TU FICO 8 to current customers, and a free

EX FICO 8 via Scorecard). Since you just began building credit in Sept 2018, you should

expect your FICO scores sometime in the Mar/Apr 2019 time frame. Smiley Very Happy

If you're curious about how Vantage scores work, here's a link to learn more:

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/finance/vantagescore-fico-score-the-difference/

Congrats again on your approvals and new credit. Please feel free to update

us when you get your Uber Visa starting limit and initial FICO scores. Thanks

so much for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 9
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 9
difringe
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the approval, definitely a sought-after card!

Message 8 of 9
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval....That is a work horse card for me Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.