Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa Approval Low SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uber Visa Approval Low SL

I am gardening and applied for this card almost a month ago. They asked me to send in verification documents. I mailed it to them and then the holidays rolled around. When I would check my status it kept saying under review the first week and then it said it couldn't be approved. When I called them a week ago they said my application was still being reviewed.

So tonight I called and after being on hold forever I was approved for $600 SL. I am thrilled for the approval but disappointed with the SL (lowest SL by far). I believe they pulled TU and at the time of application it was 730. I tried to ask for a CLI and was questioned about my income and thin file. I was denied the CLI. Should I try the CLI again once I have the card or just wait 6 months? Overall I'm very happy I got in and will continue to garden.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: Uber Visa Approval Low SL

Without knowing more of your DP's, I would say garden for a little while, use the card, PIF every month then have another go 6 to 8 months down the road.
Did they by chance happen to say they would be sending a letter to let you know why the CLI was declined?
Best of luck for the future.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 9
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Yeah, Barclay is a tough nut to crack.  Congrats!

A year ago, I had to provide all manner of documentation to get the Ring, and my TU was 780-something.

I'd echo Priory Man's suggestions 

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 3 of 9
Meskini
New Contributor

Congratulations on the approval. it's better than a denial even with the small CL, it will grow with good use.

Good luck!

We live and learn!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! You're in! That's all that matters Smiley Happy Good use it will grow.

SspW.gif

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Uber Visa approval! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes and the letter stated the same thing they said over the phone. I need more credit history.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.