Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa Approval - Recon for Credit Limit Increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uber Visa Approval - Recon for Credit Limit Increase

This is my first Barclay card.  Instant approval online app for sl $2400.  Called recon for increase to credit limit, no go, stated too many new accounts and want to establish some credit history with them before approving increase in credit line.  Pulled TU already received alert.

Does Barclay pull TU8 or TU Bankcard score 8?

FICO8

EQ 703

TU 734

EX 724

4 REPLIES 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Uber Visa Approval - Recon for Credit Limit Increase

Grats on the approval they use TU08, not bankcard enhanced.  Barlcay's typically likes to see some history with them also other bigger TL's with other lenders before they stick their neck out on the line for bigger approvals.  Without knowing you AAoA and other account limits it is hard to tell why the turned down your recon CLI request as I have never had issues granted I have many years of history with barclay's and other big limits as well with other lenders which they like to see.

Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, be careful on getting new accounts around a Barclays account. It might not be transparent right away but on their next sp, they will know all. Congrats againSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Data Points

In the last year, during building a credit file, I opened 9 bank cards and aproximately 5 store cards.  Store cards were SCT - which back fired with Hard Pulls than all accounts closed by comenity for too many inquiries.  Yup it hurt my account age, funny thing is my fico score did not suffer but CK Vantage score dropped drastically.   I learned my lesson and now with some good trade lines I am staying in the garden.

FICO8 (11/5/2017)

EQ 703  AAoA 5yr,5mos; Inq 14

TU 734  AAoA 4yrs, 8mos; Inq 5

EX 724  AAoA 4yrs, 10 mos; Inq 14

Bank Cards in the last year:

Discover It - $10,00

Wells Fargo Cash Wise - $2700

Amex Everyday Card - $2000

Citi Double Cash - $4100

Cash Freedom - $3000

Amex Blue Cash Card - $1000

Chase Freedom Unlimited - $4500

Amex Green Card

Amex Gold

Uber Visa - $2400

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new card. Dv

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.