Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa Approval!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uber Visa Approval!!!!!

Ok guys, so I had to come out of the garden. Now that Discover's Q3 is over, it killed me to know I'd only get 1% + cash back match at the end of my first year on dining expenses. I look at my spending on Discover's analyzer and realized my husband and I dine out every week! 2% would not do it for me plus we travel once per year (not major but it'll help).

I downloaded the Uber app, applied today and got the standard 7-10 day message. I looked up the phone number on this forum (866-205-5973). Asked the rep if there was anything I needed to do, he asked me to hold so he could transfer me to a consultant but came back on the line and said I've been approved for $7,000!!!!

This is my second biggest starting limit ($12,000 SL with Discover)!!!

Data points:

3 late payments (latest occured in January)

Tons of late payments from student loans (currently deferred)

TU score as of last week: 693 but I recently had BK removed (not sure if it went up)

Edit: card arrived on 10/10 (before AMEX arrived though I was approved on the same day). According to the letter, my TU score was 712 so apparently, my score did go up a bit after the BK was removed.

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

Re: Uber Visa Approval!!!!!

Congrats on your approval.

congratulations_letter-173559932-5c432fc646e0fb0001eeb190.jpg

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 2 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! i'm a fellow Chicagoan and I'm jealous of your approval because I'm blacklisted by Barclay's and thus was denied by them for the Uber Visa. Enjoy!!!

Message 4 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!! i'm a fellow Chicagoan and I'm jealous of your approval because I'm blacklisted by Barclay's and thus was denied by them for the Uber Visa. Enjoy!!!

Oh no! So sorry to hear! I've never had Barclay's before. Actually, never even heard of them until this forum lol but I'm blacklisted with Chase (they won't even let me open a checking account) if that makes you feel any better Smiley Wink 

Message 5 of 57
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats. I like this card and hope you do too.

Message 6 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@randomguy1 wrote:

Congrats. I like this card and hope you do too.

Thanks so much! I hate that I was so afraid to apply for it because I literally have been thinking about it for months. I was afraid of being turned down (AMEX and USBank denied me back in July). 

Message 7 of 57
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Grats on the Uber Visa

Message 8 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much!

Message 9 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok guys, so I had to come out of the garden. Now that Discover's Q3 is over, it killed me to know I'd only get 1% + cash back match at the end of my first year on dining expenses. I look at my spending on Discover's analyzer and realized my husband and I dine out every week! 2% would not do it for me plus we travel once per year (not major but it'll help).

I downloaded the Uber app, applied today and got the standard 7-10 day message. I looked up the phone number on this forum (866-205-5973). Asked the rep if there was anything I needed to do, he asked me to hold so he could transfer me to a consultant but came back on the line and said I've been approved for $7,000!!!!

This is my second biggest starting limit ($12,000 SL with Discover)!!!

Data points:

3 late payments (latest occured in January)

Tons of late payments from student loans (currently deferred)

TU score as of last week: 693 but I recently had BK removed (not sure if it went up)

congrats!!! how old is your credit history? do you know what the age of your oldest card is, and your AAoA? how many other cards have you got?

Message 10 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.