Did you mean: 

Uber Visa Approval!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Uber Visa Approval!!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok guys, so I had to come out of the garden. Now that Discover's Q3 is over, it killed me to know I'd only get 1% + cash back match at the end of my first year on dining expenses. I look at my spending on Discover's analyzer and realized my husband and I dine out every week! 2% would not do it for me plus we travel once per year (not major but it'll help).

I downloaded the Uber app, applied today and got the standard 7-10 day message. I looked up the phone number on this forum (866-205-5973). Asked the rep if there was anything I needed to do, he asked me to hold so he could transfer me to a consultant but came back on the line and said I've been approved for $7,000!!!!

This is my second biggest starting limit ($12,000 SL with Discover)!!!

Data points:

3 late payments (latest occured in January)

Tons of late payments from student loans (currently deferred)

TU score as of last week: 693 but I recently had BK removed (not sure if it went up)

congrats!!! how old is your credit history? do you know what the age of your oldest card is, and your AAoA? how many other cards have you got?

Thanks! My oldest account (student loan) is 14 years old. According to CK, my average age is 6 years 2 months (slight decrease because of new Discover in 7/2019). I recently cancelled First Premier but had it for 9 years. Currently, I have two Capital One cards (each about 9 years old) and the Discover (2 months old). Uber Visa will be my 4th active credit card.

EDIT: and a 5 year old Macy's store credit card. Forgot all about that. 

Message 11 of 57
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats thats a really good sl from Sir BarclaysSmiley Happy
Message 12 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much! When I was skimming the forums, and made the decision to pull the trigger, I would've been happy with even a $500 limit lol

Message 13 of 57
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Congratulations! I'm super jelly! I'm also on the 1% plus cashback match with my Disco until I can get a better dining card.

AU

Message 14 of 57
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 15 of 57
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS  on your Uber Visa approval and enjoy the SUB and the 4% Cashback!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 16 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SEAlifer wrote:

Congratulations! I'm super jelly! I'm also on the 1% plus cashback match with my Disco until I can get a better dining card.

Thanks so much! I didn't even realize how much we spent on dining until I got the Discover card. I maxed out Q3!!! Didn't even think it was possible. I absolutely love my Discover card. Can't wait to see the categories for 2020. I'm thinking about opening another Discover to get the cash back match again. It's the best intro to me!

Message 17 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much!

Message 18 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marz2002 wrote:

CONGRATS  on your Uber Visa approval and enjoy the SUB and the 4% Cashback!

Thank you so much! This is the first card where I'll actually get a SUB which is awesome! Awesome job on your rebuild as well. Very impressive!

Message 19 of 57
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.