cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa Barclay Recon Success

luxlight
Regular Contributor

Re: Uber Visa Barclay Recon Success

Yea thats the biggest reason i got it plus it has a decent signup bonus and its a Visa

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 11 of 19
crys12065
Established Contributor

Congrats on the successful recon!!!  I got the Uber card a few months ago and I love it.   I reconned the $500 SL on mine somewhat surprisingly because they seem very conservative.  But they did post my SUB very fast after meeting it, like the next day.   And you can't beat the 4% if you eat out a lot which I do lol.

In the garden until 2020
Message 12 of 19
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Congrats....fyi, each initiated CLI is a HP....only thing I don't like....

Message 13 of 19
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your successful recon!  :-)  I had to do the same thing, but only got a $500 SL.  I've had it for about a year and used it quite a bit.  The dollars add up very quickly!!  Still waiting on a CLI.  I don't want to do an HP for one and they aren't giving me a SP for one either.  It's a little frustrating considering how much I use the card and how I PIF each month.  

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($8300) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Chase Freedom Flex ($5700) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 14 of 19
TruthHurts87
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your Uber Visa approval!

I received my approval earlier this month and loving the card a lot. The points post as soon as the transaction does. Very close to hitting the SUB already. Enjoy your card when you receive it!
Message 15 of 19
southernman
New Visitor

I've been lurking here for several weeks and got some great advice from it. I had applied for an Uber VISA and got a request for additional information (copy of DL, SS card and bank statement). Sent that in and a few weeks later checked the status online and it said I was denied and that a letter would be sent explaining why. This struck me as odd because my credit score is 820 and I only have one CC that I use. The letter never came so I call their customer support.

They said the denial was because of a discrepancy in my name (have always gone by my middle name but some documentation shows first name, always been an issue when asked what my first name is, lol). Anyway, I called for a recon and explained the situation. The people on the other line were very nice and helpful. The woman on the line spoke to her supervisor and I ended up getting approved for a $15k limit!

I wouldn't have known that recon was an option without forums like this. Thanks to all who posted!

Message 16 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@southernman wrote:

I've been lurking here for several weeks and got some great advice from it. I had applied for an Uber VISA and got a request for additional information (copy of DL, SS card and bank statement). Sent that in and a few weeks later checked the status online and it said I was denied and that a letter would be sent explaining why. This struck me as odd because my credit score is 820 and I only have one CC that I use. The letter never came so I call their customer support.

They said the denial was because of a discrepancy in my name (have always gone by my middle name but some documentation shows first name, always been an issue when asked what my first name is, lol). Anyway, I called for a recon and explained the situation. The people on the other line were very nice and helpful. The woman on the line spoke to her supervisor and I ended up getting approved for a $15k limit!

I wouldn't have known that recon was an option without forums like this. Thanks to all who posted!

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 17 of 19
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@southernman wrote:

I would have thought you would know that all your paperwork needs to have your legal name(First + Last) when it comes to contracts. If you really like your middle name I recommend going ahead and have a name change done legally.

TU:758 06/19/20 Bank of America--EX: 776 06/10/20 Experian--EQ:810 09/25/18 Citi--Gardening since 01/11/21
Active:
Bank of America (Better Balance Rewards MC, Cash Rewards WMC, Cash Rewards VSC), Barclay AARP MC, Capital One (Quicksilver VSC, Walmart WMC), Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC, Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Discover It C, FedEx Employee Credit Association V, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VS, HSBC Cash Rewards WMC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, TD Bank Redcard S, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC, Cash+ VSC)
Wishlist: AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Santander Ultimate Cash Back, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 18 of 19
southernman
New Visitor

The bank allowed me to have savings and checking accounts using my middle and last name. That's what threw Barclay off after I sent them a copy of my bank statement. Some organizations are more stringent about such things more than others.

I don't care enough about it all to go and have my name changed -- good grief.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.