Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa and Amazon store card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uber Visa and Amazon store card

I am floored, I decided to pull the trigger on these two cards today and was approved for both.

Uber Visa - $1300

Amazon store $1200

They both pulled Transunion but I am unsure my score. On June 5th Discover said its 623 so lets go with that until it updates, I only had one enquiry on TU before this. After the 5th I did send a large security deposit to discover for an additional $2000 (from $500 to $2500) so that may have given me a few points.

Should I just clap for joy or ask for a larger line when I get both cards to activate?

I also have

Capital one QS $500

Discover Secured $2500

Ted

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
brandonneur
Established Member

Re: Uber Visa and Amazon store card

Congratulations!  Surprised to hear about Barclay's Uber as it has proven elusive at times to many, myself included.  Not as surprised on Synchrony Amazon Store Card.  Would you mind providing more data points on credit?  Utilization, AAoA, oldest line, total inquiries?  Might help others.

FICO 08 Scores (05/2016): TU , EQ , EX 520
FICO 08 Scores (08/2018): TU 696, EQ 685, EX 696
FICO 08 Scores (02/2019): TU 689, EQ 698, EX 702

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

AAoA is fairly old due to mistakes most of them are closed but it looks like offically 10 years but will change with these new  4 accounts

Oldest line is 2008

Total enquires was 1 now is 3

Util is like 1% and only beacuse its hard ot get zero when you actually use a card. Discover was $0 and Capital one I think was around 9% ($48)

I agree I would have been upset if Amazon said no but Barclay's made my weekend and I dont think I will try to ask for a larger line but I dont have any fear about asking Amazon when I get it.

I do have a BK 7 on it that discharged April 2016 and one small ($100) collection I need to pay off, I would have paid it sooner but I hate the company it belongs to it was a former utility (Johnson Utilies in San Tan Valley) if anyone is from that area you will understand why I hate the company.

Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Actually getting Amazon at 623 is surprising. If people could get it around that score more people would app that than Credit One lol. Congrats on 2 very nice approvalsSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the amazon prime store card and I’ve been trying to get a CLI for 4 months starting from the day I got the card and keep getting denied for insufficient expirence with my current credit limit. I request it every day my new statement begins. I have a good feeling about it this month tho lol.

Message 5 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on both of your approvals. Awesome cards!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 11
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Actually Barclay is very inquiry sensitive. If you have really low inquiries on your reports and no baddies then may approve you. They are denying me cli for the same reason that i have too many inquiries in last 6 months. But yes this Uber card is something i want to get in future. Congrats on the approvals. Enjoy the benefits of the cards.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both approvals
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That has to be the fastest cards ever to report ... just got notice this morning my cards are already on my reports both of them. I still dont know the exact score they pulled but I should have a good idea tomorrow.

Is it worth asking for a increse on ether card when I activate it?

Ted

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TU score was 632 and I was officially at 5% util with one inquiry before this, as of Discovers 7/05 credit score.

Ted

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.