Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber card approval after eleven long days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uber card approval after eleven long days

Uber visa approval for $3000.  After ten days of waiting and checking on their site and it saying it was still under review, I decided to call and check.  He verified my last four of my social and my date of birth and said "I have your application right here and am able to approve you for $3,000.  This is my lowest limit card besides my Victoria's Secret store card which I've had for a year and a half. I thought about reconning the limit, but don't know if I should risk it. I definitely don't want another hp and recently opened two other cards so I don't want to push it.  I was honestly happy to get in with Barclays because I hear they are fickle and my score isn't the best.  I did an app spree of three cards I really wanted and was approved for all three (DCU Platinum for the low apr, Cash Plus for the rewards, and Uber for the rewards).  I am one happy girl!!!  I'm heading off to the garden for at least six months or a year. I only want two more cards then I'm done forever haha (at least until new cards come out that I want).  

Data points: 

Transunion (I'm not sure which score they check) Fico 8 655

One inquiry on TU from July 24, 2018 for a car loan

One bad charge off account which is showing 30, 60, and 90 days late from 2016

Overall Utilization 43% (I'm still in my 0% apr period for a card last year-I should've paid this off prior to applying)

Income: $190,000

No rent or mortgage

No new accounts for a year last one was a car loan from July of 2018.  

AAOA 6 years

Oldest Account 12 years and 3 months

All credit limits between $4,000 and $10,000 prior to this card which is $3,000 ( besides Victoria's Secret store card which is 1500)

If I left anything out, please let me know!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
tbque
Valued Contributor

Re: Uber card approval after eleven long days

Congrats on the new Uber card!

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys! I’m super excited!
Message 4 of 19
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your new card!!! 

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you did good considering the situation of 10 days pending.

655 isn't bad but it's not grrrreat.  Now, if they isntapproved the 3K then I'd say take a stab at it to see if they move up.  

You already pointed out the obvious that could have snagged some more points towards the approval w/ the 43%..... It kind of seems like the biggest issue is the lates from 2016 unless there's something else you didnt mention? 

Looking at the bigger picture I'm kind of surprised your scores aren't higher than they are.  

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! 

Message 7 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!!!!

Message 8 of 19
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy Enjoy iT!

Did you apply via the Uber app? or a website?

Thanks you for sharing your data

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval, bummer they shorted you on the SL. I always call right away after applying if I'm not instantly approved. Chances are they can process the application right away and just needed verification like your situation. You might want to try reconning the limit. I doubt they would do another hard pull, even if they did they would need your excplicit approaval to do so.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.