Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected AMEX Approval

tag
tbque
Valued Contributor

Re: Unexpected AMEX Approval

Congrats on the AmEx Platinum approval, very happy for you!

Message 11 of 35
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 12 of 35
Batsamandrobin
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approval!
Message 13 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Noneed2nv wrote:

I logged in to AMEX site to look at my wife's AMEX account to see when her introductory 0% expires.  She had a message that she was pre-approved and to apply for the Gold Card.  I never seen that on my account, and was envious.  I actually prefer the Platinum card as it is the ultimate card for me, mostly status and in my mind, "the official card to declare I'm back."   I used to look on a weekly basis and never saw the Pre-Approved invite to apply.  So I stopped looking 4 months ago.   Anyway, I quickly log into my account and of course, no message for me.  I decide to take a look.  Didnt believ I would  Today....however, was a different day.  I see the Pre-approval and click the apply button.  Funny how 30 secs can feel like 3 minutes......

APPROVED! American Express Card Art

Welcome to Platinum Card® Membership! We're excited that you have chosen American Express again.

I pumped my fists and celebrated like I hit a game winning basket.  I called my wife and she was unenthused like "really, so you got another credit card. I hope you didn't apply and get me one."  Just killed my happy moment so I am reaching out to my forum family. 

Congrats on the approval!  So funny about your wife, mine is the same way!  🤣🤣

Message 14 of 35
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

@Noneed2nv wrote:

I logged in to AMEX site to look at my wife's AMEX account to see when her introductory 0% expires.  She had a message that she was pre-approved and to apply for the Gold Card.  I never seen that on my account, and was envious.  I actually prefer the Platinum card as it is the ultimate card for me, mostly status and in my mind, "the official card to declare I'm back."   I used to look on a weekly basis and never saw the Pre-Approved invite to apply.  So I stopped looking 4 months ago.   Anyway, I quickly log into my account and of course, no message for me.  I decide to take a look.  Didnt believ I would  Today....however, was a different day.  I see the Pre-approval and click the apply button.  Funny how 30 secs can feel like 3 minutes......

Welcome to Platinum Card® Membership! We're excited that you have chosen American Express again.

I pumped my fists and celebrated like I hit a game winning basket.  I called my wife and she was unenthused like "really, so you got another credit card. I hope you didn't apply and get me one."  Just killed my happy moment so I am reaching out to my forum family. 

Congratulations on your Platinum Card!  I felt the same way when I got mine.

Snoop 1.gif

Message 15 of 35
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

I remember when I got approved for the gold before having a FICO score!

Amazing feeling. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 16 of 35
Winesnoblv
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

Great card.  Since I fly out of Vegas, I especially like having access to the Centurion Lounge.

I wouldn't leave home without it. (someone had to say it)

FICO 8 EX 784 TU 786 EQ 786
FICO 9 EX 780
AMEX - Platinum, BCP, Delta Platinum, Simply Cash Plus, Blue Business Cash (Business)
Barclay - Arrival Plus, AAdvantage Aviator
Capital One - Venture, Sparks (Business)
Chase - FU, CSP
Citi - Premier, PLOC
Discover It Miles
TD Cash Visa
US Bank Altitude Reserve
Wells Fargo Propel AMEX
PNC Points Visa
FNBO Evergreen Visa
Message 17 of 35
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Noneed2nv wrote:

HIP HIP HOORAY !!!

Congratulations. This is a nice score. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 18 of 35
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Platinum looks good on you! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

funny enough. mine says pre approved for platinum today also. but ill wait. i dont want that $550 AF. no thanks amex. but thanks anyway. lol

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.