Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected AMEX Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unexpected AMEX Approval

by the way. how much was the approval for? and what are your scores?

Message 21 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! This card is on my goals list! Eventually I will add it to my collection.
Message 22 of 35
Petit3tee
Contributor

Wow, congrats on the approval! This is my ultimate goal too! 

Current status: Gardening as of 5/2019 Projected: TBD

Message 23 of 35
ironchef
Regular Contributor

Congrats !!! 

Message 24 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your AMEX goal card approval!  It's always sweeter when you get what you want.

Message 25 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah! Were cheering for you too!!! Congrats!!!
Message 26 of 35
drboxing
Established Contributor

a huge congrats to you. I certainly understand your excitement, I felt the same when I was approved for my personal Gold. Enjoy it.

Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new card!

Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Noneed2nv wrote:

I logged in to AMEX site to look at my wife's AMEX account to see when her introductory 0% expires.  She had a message that she was pre-approved and to apply for the Gold Card.  I never seen that on my account, and was envious.  I actually prefer the Platinum card as it is the ultimate card for me, mostly status and in my mind, "the official card to declare I'm back."   I used to look on a weekly basis and never saw the Pre-Approved invite to apply.  So I stopped looking 4 months ago.   Anyway, I quickly log into my account and of course, no message for me.  I decide to take a look.  Didnt believ I would  Today....however, was a different day.  I see the Pre-approval and click the apply button.  Funny how 30 secs can feel like 3 minutes......

APPROVED! American Express Card Art

Welcome to Platinum Card® Membership! We're excited that you have chosen American Express again.

I pumped my fists and celebrated like I hit a game winning basket.  I called my wife and she was unenthused like "really, so you got another credit card. I hope you didn't apply and get me one."  Just killed my happy moment so I am reaching out to my forum family. 

Wow !  That's a great story. I just got an approval on a Platinum card today too. I don't really need it, but I think for many of us, it's a precieved status symbol for us. I am happy with my Gold Card, but I really wanted the Platinum. It was a goal for me too. I do not care about the $550 AF. I think the benefits/rewards over the term of a year will squash that out and then-some. Again I didn't need the card, but I wanted the indulgance none the less... LOL  Plus I am taking a trip to London, and a really wanted to bring this card with me, so I look forward to seeing it in my mailbox tomorrow.
Congrats to you, and Enjoy your card bro. Don't let the wife kill your joy...lolkk

Message 29 of 35
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

we're here for you buddy. congrats!

now go and make sure you use up all those perks to cancel out the huge AF!

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.