Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected AMEX Approval

tag
Noneed2nv
Regular Contributor

Unexpected AMEX Approval

I logged in to AMEX site to look at my wife's AMEX account to see when her introductory 0% expires.  She had a message that she was pre-approved and to apply for the Gold Card.  I never seen that on my account, and was envious.  I actually prefer the Platinum card as it is the ultimate card for me, mostly status and in my mind, "the official card to declare I'm back."   I used to look on a weekly basis and never saw the Pre-Approved invite to apply.  So I stopped looking 4 months ago.   Anyway, I quickly log into my account and of course, no message for me.  I decide to take a look.  Didnt believ I would  Today....however, was a different day.  I see the Pre-approval and click the apply button.  Funny how 30 secs can feel like 3 minutes......

APPROVED! American Express Card Art

Welcome to Platinum Card® Membership! We're excited that you have chosen American Express again.

I pumped my fists and celebrated like I hit a game winning basket.  I called my wife and she was unenthused like "really, so you got another credit card. I hope you didn't apply and get me one."  Just killed my happy moment so I am reaching out to my forum family. 

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Re: Unexpected AMEX Approval

Congrats! 🎉🎊 Had the same feeling when I got mine!

Message 2 of 35
ReEducationOfAnEgoiste
New Contributor

Congratulations 🎉👏🍾 🥂

Starting Score: 525
Current Score:EX 685 TU 680 EQ 735
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 35
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your new card

Message 4 of 35
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congratulations, we are super happy for you!!! Great job and you deserve it!!!  Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 5 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, congratulations! I’m an AU on my DHs Amex’s and I think they’re awesome! I’m with you, Amex Platinum is definitely still a status card.
Message 6 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex Platinum approval! Enjoy the perks! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 35
Noneed2nv
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone.

Message 8 of 35
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, the curse of being a MFerSmiley Wink

CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woot woot! Congrats on your approval!!
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.