cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected AMEX Approval

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

Re: Unexpected AMEX Approval

Congrats on the AmEx Platinum approval, very happy for you!

Message 11 of 35
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 12 of 35
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approval!
Message 13 of 35
Regular Contributor

@Noneed2nv wrote:

I logged in to AMEX site to look at my wife's AMEX account to see when her introductory 0% expires.  She had a message that she was pre-approved and to apply for the Gold Card.  I never seen that on my account, and was envious.  I actually prefer the Platinum card as it is the ultimate card for me, mostly status and in my mind, "the official card to declare I'm back."   I used to look on a weekly basis and never saw the Pre-Approved invite to apply.  So I stopped looking 4 months ago.   Anyway, I quickly log into my account and of course, no message for me.  I decide to take a look.  Didnt believ I would  Today....however, was a different day.  I see the Pre-approval and click the apply button.  Funny how 30 secs can feel like 3 minutes......

APPROVED! American Express Card Art

Welcome to Platinum Card® Membership! We're excited that you have chosen American Express again.

I pumped my fists and celebrated like I hit a game winning basket.  I called my wife and she was unenthused like "really, so you got another credit card. I hope you didn't apply and get me one."  Just killed my happy moment so I am reaching out to my forum family. 

Congrats on the approval!  So funny about your wife, mine is the same way!  🤣🤣

Rebuilding Since 2016
6/5/2019 - Fico 8 Scores - EQ 672 TU 683 EX 674
6/15/2019 - FICO 8 Scores - EQ 682 TU 698 EX 690
8/10/2019 - FICO 8 Scores - EQ 706 TU 705 EQ 689
9/15/2019 - FICO 8 Scores - EQ 710 TU 713 EX 690
Message 14 of 35
Regular Contributor

@Noneed2nv wrote:

I logged in to AMEX site to look at my wife's AMEX account to see when her introductory 0% expires.  She had a message that she was pre-approved and to apply for the Gold Card.  I never seen that on my account, and was envious.  I actually prefer the Platinum card as it is the ultimate card for me, mostly status and in my mind, "the official card to declare I'm back."   I used to look on a weekly basis and never saw the Pre-Approved invite to apply.  So I stopped looking 4 months ago.   Anyway, I quickly log into my account and of course, no message for me.  I decide to take a look.  Didnt believ I would  Today....however, was a different day.  I see the Pre-approval and click the apply button.  Funny how 30 secs can feel like 3 minutes......

Welcome to Platinum Card® Membership! We're excited that you have chosen American Express again.

I pumped my fists and celebrated like I hit a game winning basket.  I called my wife and she was unenthused like "really, so you got another credit card. I hope you didn't apply and get me one."  Just killed my happy moment so I am reaching out to my forum family. 

Congratulations on your Platinum Card!  I felt the same way when I got mine.

Snoop 1.gif

Message 15 of 35
Regular Contributor

I remember when I got approved for the gold before having a FICO score!

Amazing feeling. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Amex Gold (NPSL); Amex Green (NPSL); Charles Schwab Investor (27.6k); PNC CR (17.5k); HSBC Premier WEMC (11k); Amex BBP (9k); Macy's Store (8.5k); AEO Visa (8k); GAP Visa (8k); HSBC Advance (7.5k); B&H Payboo (6k); Amazon Store (6k); PNC Premier Traveler (5k); Discover It (4.2k); Nordstrom Store (4k); Apple Card (2.5k); Discover It (1.5k); Delta Platinum (1.4k); Amex Everyday (1k); BofA CR (1k); Citi TYP (1k); TJX MC (0.8k); Deserve Edu (0.5k)
Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Inquiries: EX (25); TU (24); EQ (16)
Got all the cards I need, so all reports are frozen until Nov/2020 for Altitude Reserve or Amex Plat 100k offer Smiley Tongue
Message 16 of 35
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

Great card.  Since I fly out of Vegas, I especially like having access to the Centurion Lounge.

I wouldn't leave home without it. (someone had to say it)

FICO 8 EX 764 TU 784 EQ 787
FICO 9 EX 771
Garden since Aug 2019
AMEX - Platinum, BCE, Delta Platinum, Simply Cash Plus (Business)
Barclay - AAdvantage Aviator
Capital One - Venture, Sparks (Business)
Chase - FU, CSP
Citi - AAdvantage WEMC, PLOC
Discover It Miles
TD Ameritrade Visa
US Bank Altitude Reserve
Wells Fargo Propel AMEX
BBVA Compass
Message 17 of 35
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Noneed2nv wrote:

HIP HIP HOORAY !!!

Congratulations. This is a nice score. 

GOALS: Garden til APR 2020 and 800 Club

SEP 2019: EX 791, TU 797, EQ 800
JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $25K || NFCU CashRewards $20K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $18.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 18 of 35
Valued Contributor

Platinum looks good on you! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 35
Frequent Contributor

funny enough. mine says pre approved for platinum today also. but ill wait. i dont want that $550 AF. no thanks amex. but thanks anyway. lol

Fico 08 TU 680 EQ 682 EX 680 (4/05/18)
Fico 08 TU 668 EQ 656 EX 671 (1/13/18)
FICO 08 TU 533 EQ 512 EX 522 (2/6/17)
1 collection charge off paid April '17 ($500 GTE FCU) went over 120+ days late on it account closed. PIF to CA

NFCU Cash Rewards-$2800 (1/13/18), USAA Classic Platinum Visa-$1000 (1/13/18), Discover IT-$10,000! (1/13/18), AMEX BCE-$1000 (1/13/18), AMEX Blue Delta SkyMiles-$1000 (1/13/18), Care Credit-$7500(1/13/18), Cap1 Platinum Preferred-$1500 (1/15/18), Wal-Mart $5000 as of Nov '17 (SL $200 July '17), Dillards $1000 July '17, Several rebuilder cards closed not listed
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.