Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Discover CLI

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Unexpected Discover CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried but they said no more! Boo! Smiley Very Happy I will try again in a month! Exciting! Will they be giving me increases in 2,000 increments?

It's possible but, more likely if you do every other month.  I was able to grow from a 2-3K/CLI to a 6K/CLI by spacing them out further apart.  Sorry the double dip didn't pan out but, it's still a step in the right direction.

Message 11 of 13
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

It's hard to say what Discover will do.

But I went from $1800 to $11,300 (so far) in one year.  I was given increases at various intervals - 30 days, 60 days, sometimes less than 30 days.  If you're putting everything through it because of the double cash back, which is exactly what I did, and you've gotten one auto increase already, I'd start asking every time they cut a statement.  They do not penalize you for asking.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

JellyBean time for sure, keep it up -  great score, plenty of usage! I don't think it will hurt to keep the requests paced at 60 to 90 days, especially as you're putting so much spend through the card. Either way, via cashback and/or increases, it looks like you're going to have a great first year.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.