cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected shopping cart trick

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Established Member

Unexpected shopping cart trick

I've read about the shopping card trick....tried it before with no pop up offers.
I was buying some Halloween Decor at Grandin Road...and when I went to check out..an offer popped up. Filled it out...only asked for last 4 of SS# ..so I submitted. Was approved for 3k. I ended up using the card for the purchase since there was a discount but there was the option not to and still pay with my own payment choice.. I'll probably never use it again but I just had to see if it still worked.

It's been three weeks. No HP..
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Contributor

Re: Unexpected shopping cart trick

Congrats even more "Joy"Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your new cardSmiley Happy. Just be cautios on SCT cards and i would caution on not getting a card you dont plan on using more than onceSmiley Wink.
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
!
Message 3 of 6
New Contributor

@Jenniferjoy1751 wrote:
I've read about the shopping card trick....tried it before with no pop up offers.
I was buying some Halloween Decor at Grandin Road...and when I went to check out..an offer popped up. Filled it out...only asked for last 4 of SS# ..so I submitted. Was approved for 3k. I ended up using the card for the purchase since there was a discount but there was the option not to and still pay with my own payment choice.. I'll probably never use it again but I just had to see if it still worked.

It's been three weeks. No HP..

i've never heard of Grandin Road. But I'm gonna try and give the new SCT a shot. Congrats on your new card and thanks for sharing your triumph! 

**UPDATE: good news is that i was approved for a $1000 card. bad news is that the only thing on the site i could buy are bath towels. and i just bought new bath towels from Overstock.com so i don't know if a closet full of unopened sets of new bath towels is optimal. :-( 

Message 4 of 6
New Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats on your new cardSmiley Happy. Just be cautios on SCT cards and i would caution on not getting a card you dont plan on using more than onceSmiley Wink.

Just read this post. Thanks for helping me make up my mind. i will not accept the card, as there's little on the site I would buy. :-)

Message 5 of 6
Established Contributor

plane congrats.gif

AU

Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 683
Goal Score: 751

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.