Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected shopping cart trick

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unexpected shopping cart trick

I've read about the shopping card trick....tried it before with no pop up offers.
I was buying some Halloween Decor at Grandin Road...and when I went to check out..an offer popped up. Filled it out...only asked for last 4 of SS# ..so I submitted. Was approved for 3k. I ended up using the card for the purchase since there was a discount but there was the option not to and still pay with my own payment choice.. I'll probably never use it again but I just had to see if it still worked.

It's been three weeks. No HP..
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Unexpected shopping cart trick

Congrats even more "Joy"Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your new cardSmiley Happy. Just be cautios on SCT cards and i would caution on not getting a card you dont plan on using more than onceSmiley Wink.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I've read about the shopping card trick....tried it before with no pop up offers.
I was buying some Halloween Decor at Grandin Road...and when I went to check out..an offer popped up. Filled it out...only asked for last 4 of SS# ..so I submitted. Was approved for 3k. I ended up using the card for the purchase since there was a discount but there was the option not to and still pay with my own payment choice.. I'll probably never use it again but I just had to see if it still worked.

It's been three weeks. No HP..

i've never heard of Grandin Road. But I'm gonna try and give the new SCT a shot. Congrats on your new card and thanks for sharing your triumph! 

**UPDATE: good news is that i was approved for a $1000 card. bad news is that the only thing on the site i could buy are bath towels. and i just bought new bath towels from Overstock.com so i don't know if a closet full of unopened sets of new bath towels is optimal. :-( 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats on your new cardSmiley Happy. Just be cautios on SCT cards and i would caution on not getting a card you dont plan on using more than onceSmiley Wink.

Just read this post. Thanks for helping me make up my mind. i will not accept the card, as there's little on the site I would buy. :-)

Message 5 of 6
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

plane congrats.gif

AU

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.