cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicorn Bank Captured after Recon Success Completes my major bank journey and card acquisition goals

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

Unicorn Bank Captured after Recon Success Completes my major bank journey and card acquisition goals

Barclays oh Barclays we have a love hate relationship... Several Instant denials due to a frontier card I accepted a payment program on in 2008 and paid off in full in 2014. Applied to Arrival + World Elite last night...Instant no.....no credit pulled, dwelled a little on it as it's use would be plenty in the coming months as I prepare to move to Texas with my new small family and Fiancee.  Called recon but kept getting Disconnected (bad service area) called on a landline and got a really nice young lady named Usha who said the reason I was denied was a charge off and agreed to look and reconsider, I immediately told her I paid it in full In an agreement that wasn't a charge off...then she asked to put me on hold...then the long hold so she could see what she could do...Figured it was a certain denial but then the nice lady comes back and says since it was paid in full she had absolutely no problem approving me for 5k BAM! Back in with Barclays after a 5-7 min call. Will definitely treat this and Citi good.....probably also helped TU skyrocketed recently and all negatives fell off leaving me with a squeaky clean report, other bureaus should be the same in the next year or so.   I did have a recent BoA CLI go thru and citi is still not reporting last inquiries were from June with navy federal and navy federal flagship,I changed my mind on an debates as well, one of those 6 plus months inquiries didn't seem to phase them and even the one from earlier this month wasn't mentioned. Happy Dance haha! Journey complete maybe in two years chase will have the reserve on its promo when I'm out of 5/24 we'll see.  Thanks to my Fico and all the amazing people and advice a quick turn around happened for me these past couple of years going from maybe 15 k in total trade lines and not so good terms and benefits on cards to mostly elite useful cards and trade lines that have made life more enjoyable, efficient and fun..couldn't have done it without any of y'all.

F08 | EXP 770 | TU 807 | EQ 761 | 1% Utl | 3/23/19 Goal: 760+ Across the board | AMEX Platinum NPSL (30k Pay Later) | AMEX Gold NPSL (30k Pay Later) | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS 50k | DiscoverIT 44k | Cap One QS VS 26.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve VS 25k | AMEX Blue Cash Preferred 25k | NFCU Flagship Rewards 25k | NFCU GoRewards VS 25k | Ebates 25k | PenFed PLOC 25k | Credit Union of Colorado 18.5k | Citi Double Cash WEMC 18.3k | Chase Freedom VS 18k | Alliant VS 15k | Bank of America Premium Rewards VS 15k | Bank of America Cash Rewards VS 12.9k | NASA FCU 11.9K | Citi Rewards + 8.5k | US Bank Cash+ VS 7.5k | Barclays Arrival + WEMC 7.5k | Chase IHG 7.5k | Chase Amazon VS 5k | Paypal Credit 4.5k | AAoA 5.8yr
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Unicorn Bank Captured after Recon Success Completes my major bank journey and card acquisition i

Nice approved and recon. Congrats.

763 INQs: 12773 INQs: 6763 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 3yr 6mosTotal Credit Line: $851,250
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Unicorn Bank Captured after Recon Success Completes my major bank journey and card acquisition g

Awesome approval ... there is life after unfortunate situations! Glad you shared this as it may help others go for it.
Starting Score: 300
Current Score: 824
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Unicorn Bank Captured after Recon Success Completes my major bank journey and card acquisition g

Thanks folks felt pretty good to get this one under my wing, this and the double cash may be all I need for general spending but most of my tradelines serve a purpose even my oldest one for aaoa purposes. Garden Time for me so I don't spook either of these banks.
F08 | EXP 770 | TU 807 | EQ 761 | 1% Utl | 3/23/19 Goal: 760+ Across the board | AMEX Platinum NPSL (30k Pay Later) | AMEX Gold NPSL (30k Pay Later) | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS 50k | DiscoverIT 44k | Cap One QS VS 26.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve VS 25k | AMEX Blue Cash Preferred 25k | NFCU Flagship Rewards 25k | NFCU GoRewards VS 25k | Ebates 25k | PenFed PLOC 25k | Credit Union of Colorado 18.5k | Citi Double Cash WEMC 18.3k | Chase Freedom VS 18k | Alliant VS 15k | Bank of America Premium Rewards VS 15k | Bank of America Cash Rewards VS 12.9k | NASA FCU 11.9K | Citi Rewards + 8.5k | US Bank Cash+ VS 7.5k | Barclays Arrival + WEMC 7.5k | Chase IHG 7.5k | Chase Amazon VS 5k | Paypal Credit 4.5k | AAoA 5.8yr
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.