cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United Explorer Approval and Question

etx
Frequent Contributor

United Explorer Approval and Question

I applied and was approved for a Chase United Explorer card this morning as I needed some extra MileagePlus points to cover award travel for a trip to EU this summer.

Equifax Pulled - 830+

I have now received a good offer (rate ranges so not targeted rate) for Chase Southwest Rewards Plus via email with a 75K bonus, which I am considering as I have several domestic trips this year where it could come in handy in addition to Southwest points I already have built up.

I am not familiar as of late with Chase rules regarding same day apps. I am aware of the 5/24 and 2/30 rules. Does Chase allow two apps in a single day and are they two different HPs, if so?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
M_Smart007
Epic Contributor

Re: United Explorer Approval and Question

Congrats  .. Personally I would NOT app (2) Chase cards in one day!

Others will chime in on that!

Message 2 of 7
coreyb80
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 3 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 4 of 7
Steve891
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Chase United Explorer approval. I wouldn't apply for 2 Chase cards in the same day. The 75k Southwest offer doesn't expire until Feb. 18th 2020, so you have time. 

Message 5 of 7
Bbcatcher
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 7
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!! Do not app twice in a day with Chase it's no bueno!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.