Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsolicited CLI from Chase after only three months

tag
BirchBarlow
Contributor

Unsolicited CLI from Chase after only three months

When I logged on my account today I was surprised to find that the CL on my Freedom Unlimited had automatically increased from $4500 to $6500.  Presuming that it isn't some kind of mistake or oversight, they obviously didn't raise my limit out of generousity or altruism.  So far, I've had three months with them, one of which I ran up over $3000 but I always paid in full.  I presume they raised my limit to prompt me to spend beyond my means of full payment such that they can make interest and fees off of me.  

Obviously they're never going to make a penny of interest or fees off of me as I've never carried a CC balance and I never will.  Still I find it interesting that Chase would raise my limit by $2000 unsolicited after only three months seeing how (at least around here) Chase is known for being fairly tight-fisted with both new and existing lines of credit.  It's also interesting that they would do this whereas over the last ten years all I ever got out of BoA was a paltry $400 CLI and was flat-out denied when I apped for the BBR about a month ago.  On the plus side I guess this makes the FU a Visa Signature whatever that's good for.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unsolicited CLI from Chase after only three months

Chase CLI's are a rarity. So count yourself very lucky.  Enjoy it...

Message 2 of 7
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

this is totally normal with chase. Congrats on your cli 

Message 3 of 7
dragontears
Senior Contributor

You are lucky, congratulations. Has been 2 and a half years for me and limit still sits at the 4.5k it started with
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Smiley Happy I had pretty much the same thing happen to me a couple days ago. Got approved for Chase Freedom in August for 4k, got a 2k auto increase a couple days ago out of nowhere, caught me off gaurd as well.

Message 5 of 7
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Ditto on my Chase Amazon. They doubled my limit yesterday after only 3 mos. Of course it was paltry to start with but completely unexpected. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Seeing a lot of chase cli's this week, including my own.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.