cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Approved - CHASE Sapphire Preferred odds with recent new accounts.

tag
greg_the_egg
Valued Member

Update: Approved - CHASE Sapphire Preferred odds with recent new accounts.

I really want to apply for the CSP, but I'm a little nervous about the new accounts. When looking at the narratives provided by myfico.com, creditkarma and other sites regarding my report, all give me a poor rating in the recent credit category. I'm wondering if Chase will view me the same way.

No inquiries on Experian(798). 4 inquiries in January on Transunion(799). 1 installment loan opened December. 2 cards opened in January.

Rough Profile:

BoA 3-2-1 0/16k (opened 11/2012)
Cap1 Quicksilver 0/10k (opened 8/2012)
1 Mortgage ~150k/200k (opened in 2011)
2 Auto loans ~30k/38k (total; summer '16, one spring '17)
1 Personal Loan ~13k/15k (opened 12/2017)
BOA Travel Rewards 1k/23k (opened 1/2018)
Barclay Arrival+ 0/12k

Also have 2 closed (annual fees) credit cards and a paid auto loan from around 2012 on my file.

~100k income

What are my chances?

5/12/2018 Update: Applied on 4/26 for the CSP, American Express Blue Cash Peferred, and Navy Federal Platinum. After Identity verifications, I was instantly approved for $25k on both the BCP (Ex) and NFCU (TU) cards. The CSP took a while because I had to get some documents to Equifax regarding a 605B. After my EQ report was straigthened out, I unfroze EQ, and Chase approved the CSP (EX & EQ) for $19K. Since January, I've gone from ~$16k to ~$130K. I've also had both of my auto loans refinanced with Digital Credit Union (EX) at 2.74%. Once all 5 new accounts show up on my reports, I'll update my scores. I'm really curious as to the affect of 5 new accounts in addition to the 3 I added in January. For FICO purposes, 8 new accounts in a year cant be good. Fortunately, I'm done applying for anything until at least 2020.

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

FICO8's: 815 - 838 (Winter '22)
5% | $196K
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHASE Sapphire Preferred odds with recent new accounts.

I think your chances are pretty good. You have a good amount of cards with high limits and low utilization. Your installment loans are a bit high though. The new credit your worried about isn't too bad in my opinion. The inquiries are pretty low and it's been 3 months since your newest account. I think you're good.
Message 2 of 15
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Your credit profile looks well rounded. I think you definitely have a chance. Have you checked to see if you pre qualify?
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your chance are very good , try to see if your preaprroved , but im sure your will get approve

also they mostly HP experian which is good in your case

Message 4 of 15
greg_the_egg
Valued Member

On cardmatch I'm pre-approved, but I get nothing on Chase's on website.
5% | $196K
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

you should be good with your score and your profile

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, your profile grants it IMO. However, i would go to the a branch and apply there, which will increase your chances.
Message 7 of 15
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

I second c00mtg.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your scores defintely look solid, be prepared for chase to pull from two of the credit bureaus. Credit pull database (Google one) will show you ones most likely pulled.

Message 9 of 15
greg_the_egg
Valued Member

UPDATE: Approved for $19k.
5% | $196K
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.