cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Approved Chances on Chase approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Approved Chances on Chase approval?

A few weeks ago I got an invitation for a Freedom Unlimited in the mail. I have 3 recently opened accounts since August. EX8 is 708 and I have a decently thick file with an average age of accounts around 4 years, currently at 4/24. I checked the Chase preapproval site and it came back with no offers, for some reason.

What do you think my chances for an approval for a Chase account might be? And if I don’t get approved for whatever I apply for, do they counter offer with a different product?

Current utilization is 17% of 31,350

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chances on Chase approval?

Some people never get pre approvals and just cold app and still get approved. But of course it could go either way. No, they do not counter offer if declined. That said, we need a little more details. If you could/would like to list all of your accounts with individual limits and balances, along with any derogs, scores for tu and eq, income, inquiries, etc.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the mailer have a fixed APR? We would need some more details on your profile such as derogs, but an EXP of 708 is generally what Chase would consider great for a Freedom product. If you have opened 3 new accounts since August, it could be time to cool and let your accounts age as Chase is very new credit sensitive, regardless of average age of accounts.

And that Chase prequalifed site will never tell you anything IMO. I obtained my CSP with no prequal or prior relationship after being denied a Freedom 6 months ago.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy credit card, Batman! THEY APPROVED ME!!!!!

A few nights ago I decided I want another card and I wanted it to be a Chase account. I figured if I got declined, I would punt and go to American Express. Only $3600 to start, but I’m excited to build a relationship with Chase!

Gonna kick back for a few months, then Amex here I come!!!!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great! Congratulations on your approval!

Might want to start a new thread in the approval section now that you've gotten in with Chase  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Update: Approved Chances on Chase approval?

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 6 of 9
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats.

Message 7 of 9
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 8 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Holy credit card, Batman! THEY APPROVED ME!!!!!

A few nights ago I decided I want another card and I wanted it to be a Chase account. I figured if I got declined, I would punt and go to American Express. Only $3600 to start, but I’m excited to build a relationship with Chase!

Gonna kick back for a few months, then Amex here I come!!!!

Congrats on your approval & Happy Holidays!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.